Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Who found this paper hard or easy? what did you all put for any questions you can remember?
    Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody have the mark scheme and question paper for the chemistry C2 exam for today ?

And what did you get for the questions ?!

ReputationRep:
    i dont think you can discuss the exam for 24 hours

ReputationRep:
    sorry, i dont think you can get hold of the mark scheme and past papers until they are published on the aqa website ?

personally i found the exam pretty easy a lot better then biology anyway
    what did you get for the second to last question? it was a calulation something about how much urea could you make from 6000g of ammonia?

what did you get for the question about why copper has a high boiling point? i think it was 4 marks

ReputationRep:
    This is an AQA paper, we're allowed to discuss it - I read the warning points thing. I loved the exam, I got 3400g for the amount of ammonia needed to make 6000g of urea, and I think I got 76.9% for the last question.

I preferred the chemistry exam to the biology one. Some of the questions were unbelievably easy (if you revised hard enough)! I also have to thank a user on this website for helping me with some mole revision last night!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leeshur)
    I got 3400g for the amount of ammonia needed to make 6000g of urea, and I think I got 76.9% for the last question.

yay !! thats what i got !!
    yeahh,, i loved the exam too, easier than the past papers i thought
    although i suppose if more people found it easy it'll be harder to get good marks

i thought a lot of questions were already answered in the info they gave you
    for example the flowchart process thingy of making ammonia compounds ( i think) said how did they make efficient use of energy and materials - and all you had to do was look at the question and figure out that some products were pumped back and recycled, and they used the heat from 1 reaction to heat the water

and the first question about drawing the atom

maybe it was too easy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mu3icxbabee)
    yay !! thats what i got !!
    yeahh,, i loved the exam too, easier than the past papers i thought
    although i suppose if more people found it easy it'll be harder to get good marks

i thought a lot of questions were already answered in the info they gave you
    for example the flowchart process thingy of making ammonia compounds ( i think) said how did they make efficient use of energy and materials - and all you had to do was look at the question and figure out that some products were pumped back and recycled, and they used the heat from 1 reaction to heat the water

and the first question about drawing the atom

maybe it was too easy
    I know! Tbh, the mock was harder than the actual paper for me.
    For the atom bit, I thought it just asked you to state the mass number and atomic number of hydrogen-2? I drew the atom first, but re-read the question and changed what I was doing. (Might've been wrong though)

You know for the paper factory thing, I wrote that some local people may have jobs at the factory, and that the changing compounds would put the factory out of business = loss of jobs. What did you write?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leeshur)
    For the atom bit, I thought it just asked you to state the mass number and atomic number of hydrogen-2? I drew the atom first, but re-read the question and changed what I was doing. (Might've been wrong though)

You know for the paper factory thing, I wrote that some local people may have jobs at the factory, and that the changing compounds would put the factory out of business = loss of jobs. What did you write?
    noo that was right the drawing the atom question was like the first one where you actually had to draw the electronic structure. The hydrogen one was later on, you had to draw the hydrogen isotope like you would see it on the periodic table so 2 at the top and 1 at the bottom. andd then you had to state why "heavy water" (with the isotopes in) was denser than normal water (i think it was 2 marks) i put because heavy water has 2 more neutrons than normal water, and neutrons have a relative mass of 1 bla bla you ?

yeahh ! the first bit was why do they think it was dangerous or something so i put because poisonous compounds may be produced which would harm the environment
    for part b i put the same as you
    part c ( why should independent scientists do the investigation) i put so they would be less change of bias

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mu3icxbabee)
    noo that was right the drawing the atom question was like the first one where you actually had to draw the electronic structure. The hydrogen one was later on, you had to draw the hydrogen isotope like you would see it on the periodic table so 2 at the top and 1 at the bottom. andd then you had to state why "heavy water" (with the isotopes in) was denser than normal water (i think it was 2 marks) i put because heavy water has 2 more neutrons than normal water, and neutrons have a relative mass of 1 bla bla you ?

yeahh ! the first bit was why do they think it was dangerous or something so i put because poisonous compounds may be produced which would harm the environment
    for part b i put the same as you
    part c ( why should independent scientists do the investigation) i put so they would be less change of bias
    My answers are basically carbon copies of yours, I think we both did bloody well! Thank goodness C2 is over! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    yay !! haha its good to feel that someone else got the same as you
    just out of interest what did you get in your first modules?
    are you doing physics on wednesday?

ReputationRep:
    This paper was unbelievably easy, which questions were the main hard ones?

ReputationRep:
    What were your thoughts on the paper today?

ReputationRep:
    lets see if we can get a collection of all the questions and answers in the paper, so we are able to deduce what mark we have got

1) Draw the electronic structure of chlorine

A :2,8,7

What needs to happen to pottasium to make it an ion

A: lost an electron thus having no electrons on its outer shell.

(question 2 anyone?)

ReputationRep:
    umm,

well i was doinga re-sit for module 1...

but it went really well...

or so i thought...

hmm...

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I did the exam today as well, I'm also new to tsr and I was wondering if one of you could tell me how you got 3400g for the penultimate question?

"What mass of ammonia is needed to make 6000g of urea?"

Mr of Ammonia = 17
    Mr of Urea = 60

I got 850g by doing 6000/60 = 100, ratio is 50:100, then 17*50 = 850g

I know may working may be wrong (probably is), but I would like to know where I went wrong. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

How did you all find the Chemistry paper this morning?

Personally i didn't think it was terrible which is good i guess

And out of interest, what kind of answer did you get for the second to last question? I got 3399g or something like that

ReputationRep:
    I found it okay, I think I got something similar to your last one, my number ended with 400. Cant remember if I wrote 3400 or 4400 :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Easy test, grade boundries will probably be very high.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    Just wondering how everyone did on there C2 exams today.
    I thought it was OK and better than previous papers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ninja Student)
    Easy test, grade boundries will probably be very high.
    Ahh no don't say that :p:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
    Discussions on TSR

• Latest
  • Personalise

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.