Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was Ok Nothing majorly terrible, i made a thread here

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...9#post23295499

but you might have made yours first so sorry if i made one when there was already one here!!

ReputationRep:
    That was a difficult question... I only got it in the last minute or so, before that i was just staring at it blankly. It was essentially a reacting masses question, except, you kinda had to do it backwards...

Step1: find number of moles (urea)
    n=m/Mr
    =6000/60
    =100

Step2: use ratio 1:2 (2 ammonia molecules for every one urea molecule)
    100x2=200

Step3: find mass of ammonia
    m=nMr
    =200x17
    =3400g

Phew.

ReputationRep:
    did u find it easier than the past papers...ie last years?

ReputationRep:
    Found it ok , but for the paper chemical thing , I wrote the people in support of it may need large amounts of paper : . Would that be right ?

ReputationRep:
    It was ok i only messed up on the urea mass question but im getting worried bout physics on wednesday as i dont understand the radiation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mike2niner4)
    Ahh no don't say that :p:
    Lol, hopefully not, but most found it easy so there is a high chance.

(Original post by tdhobi)
    did u find it easier than the past papers...ie last years?
    I would say it was easier, was pretty relaxed. All the Chemistry past papers seemed easy to me, compared with Physics and Biology.

This paper was easy as it was mostly knowledge, no trick questions.

ReputationRep:
    I got 3399 i think for the second to last question about Urea whereas you all seem to have got 3400, hope i don't lose all the marks for it =[

ReputationRep:
    Found it to be easy , the past paper were harder imo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mike2niner4)
    I got 3399 i think for the second to last question about Urea whereas you all seem to have got 3400, hope i don't lose all the marks for it =[
    If your working out was fine , you'll probably get the marks

ReputationRep:
    I got 3400g and then 76.9% for my last two answers as well
    I found this easy, and there wasn't really anything on (in)soluble salts which I'm glad about as I missed all of those lessons so it's not really my best!

I've thought all of the Chem papers have been easy (today's and past) but I think this might have been the easiest, though whether my mark will reflect that..

It certainly went a lot better than Biology. Only Physics left now.

ReputationRep:
    I found it so much easier than past papers that I did. Much of it did not test my knowledge though, and they may increase the grade boundaries, which im pretty disapointed about. I would rather have a slightly harder paper with the same grade boundaries as last year.

ReputationRep:
    If they raise the grade boundaries, i'm gonna be extremely disapointed. I got the 2nd last question wrong so thats 3 marks down the drain. I MUST GET AN A*... I've tried so hard!!

ReputationRep:
    The 'heavy water' question, with the hydrogen isotopes was quite difficult too. I can imagine there are some tricky marks for that question... Does hydrogen usually have one proton and no neutrons? and the isotope has one of each? I dont know...

ReputationRep:
    Confident. I also believe the grade boundaries will be notably higher. As my one of my friends quite aptly put, "But we'd been revising the hard stuff! None of that came up!" Sums it up quite well, I thought. Sometimes it is the easier questions that are the hardest.

Also, for the the Urea question:
    (2)Ammonia : Urea
    34:60
    (34/60) * 6000 = 3400

Or you could see that 6000 grams of Urea are made from a ratio that is 34:60. The Urea goes up by x100, therefore the Ammonia would too go up by x100.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

i did that exam today and i too found it extremely easy!! for the last two questions i also got 3400 and 76.9%. The only question i slipped up on was how nanoparticles were conductors (or something along those lines) as i didn't cover it in class! x

ReputationRep:
    do remember there are the ret**ded corner shop hoodies which spell chemistry like 'kemistree' doing the test, so grade boundaries should stay constant :P

ReputationRep:
    PHEW! I was worried about the answers for the last two questions but as with many on here, I had 3400g and 76.9%. I was very skeptical about that question :O

But yeah, I have the same worries that the grade boundaries will be highered because although I don't want to say that it was an easy paper, it certainly was not as hard as the past papers we've been doing.
    Everybody came out of the exam saying that it was "EEEEEEAASY"...
    Was pretty surprised there was no empirical formula stuff...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by susie_love)
    Was pretty surprised there was no empirical formula stuff...

Me too! That's the thing I revised the most

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie038)
    Me too! That's the thing I revised the most

Hehehhehhehehehhee :yep: me too. Was disappointed at the same time 'cause I do like empirical formulae too...

Didn't like the hydrogen-1/hydrogen-2 question And my mind went really blank on the copper kettle question... I think I only obtained a couple of marks at most out of the 4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by susie_love)
    Hehehhehhehehehhee :yep: me too. Was disappointed at the same time 'cause I do like empirical formulae too...

Didn't like the hydrogen-1/hydrogen-2 question And my mind went really blank on the copper kettle question... I think I only obtained a couple of marks at most out of the 4
    Same, the copper question panicked haha, and thank god nothing came up about pH because I missed it in school (well I don't tihnk it came up..)

For the hydrogen question did you write a 2 on the top and 1 on the bottom? I got sketched out and for some reason thought about writing a 3 on the top haha

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 28, 2010
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.