Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, ive received offers from various unis on UCAS, one being from Oxford, however on them all they state;

"If your examination arrangements change, let both us and your universities and colleges know. They will change their decision about your application if they need to"

Now I have achieved AAAA at As with some A* predicted, however my chemistry obtained grade was 87% (i got a D in the ISA) and im just wondering what happens if i resit it.

We originally only did 1 ISA in my school but it was a huge **** up, with only a few getting an A (and like 10-15 should off) they then cached this before doing it again, so now school are only gona cache in the new ISA if the student needs it to get a new grade boundry.

So it boils down to this, now i have my offer from Oxford do they care if i resit any exam?

Chances are i wont have to, but i dont want to let this offer slip through my grasp =)

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    The item you quoted refers to dropping subjects or other important changes, not to re-sits. Unless a university has said that re-sits don't count (and Imperial does that, for maths), it doesn't matter.

ReputationRep:
    awesome, cheers. Now i just need to ace these exams in the next two weeks and i can really sit back and enjoy the rest of the year =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richard12)
    awesome, cheers. Now i just need to ace these exams in the next two weeks and i can really sit back and enjoy the rest of the year =)
    Until June that is :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Things being as they are, there's no straight 'yes' or 'no' to this one, unfortunately!

It depends: did you put down "pending" for your AS grades?
    If you can't remember this, can you remember whether you have been given any AS certificates by your school/college?

If you haven't already submitted a grade, then it's fine
    The universities will never find out that you resat anything.

However, if you put down actual grades, then ... well again, it depends!

If you just put down the grade for the AS Levels as wholes, then it's fine again, since you came out with an A last time anyway - so this won't change; the universities need know nothing more from you.
    Yet, if you put down module grades, these will probably change, so you will have to let the university know the new grade, pretty much screaming out to them, "I resat this unit!"

ReputationRep:
    i dont know what you mean by certificates tbh, are they the things you get on results day, like little A3 things? if so yes, if not then no.

I put down pending for my ISA mark though, so the universities have no idea what i got in it.

As in i out down my grades for every module i sat apart from the ISA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by placenta medicae talpae)
    Yet, if you put down module grades, these will probably change, so you will have to let the university know the new grade, pretty much screaming out to them, "I resat this unit!"
    All of which is irrelevant and taken for granted in the current A level system, as long as the offer did not impose a no re-sit requirement.

ReputationRep:
    and by that "no resit" requirement, would they state it that way? or would they phrase it all horribly like so many things through UCAS are

ReputationRep:
    Can I just ask though, is it worth resitting the ISA? I thought this as well, but when it comes down to it, your chemistry AS is out of 300, and this gives you a maximum of 30 marks. You already have 87%, and you know that improving that isn't going to make you more likely to get an A* right? You need A at AS to get an A*, and after you've got the A whatever % you get doesn't matter.. the 90% thing only matters for A2.. just seems like a bit of a waste of time to me!

i'm in the same position, my ISA brought my % down too 87% too, but I got over it because well the benefit of getting a higher is very minute. Already have an A at AS, getting a higher grade at AS won't make it any easier to get an A* at A2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richard12)
    and by that "no resit" requirement, would they state it that way? or would they phrase it all horribly like so many things through UCAS are
    I've never seen such an offer so I don't know. The website makes it clear: http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/ugprospec...ryrequirements

ReputationRep:
    thanks guys and lekky its not to get the A* its incase i proper mess up one of the chem exams andi m struggling to scrape the A to get into Oxford. Its veyr minute chance ofc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    All of which is irrelevant and taken for granted in the current A level system, as long as the offer did not impose a no re-sit requirement.
    Thank you for this, Good Bloke :nodots:
    Yet you will have to let your university know if your grade changes, because them's the rules.

At the very least, having a D down for a module when you actually got it up at an A is deception.

ReputationRep:
    placenta youve misunderstood me.

I average out at an A overall, and because i average 94% in the external exams (the only ones that count to the A* in A2 i got predicted an A*) However my ISA was a D which brought down my grade to 87% which is still an A. So i got an A overall but with one module being a D =P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    Can I just ask though, is it worth resitting the ISA? I thought this as well, but when it comes down to it, your chemistry AS is out of 300, and this gives you a maximum of 30 marks. You already have 87%, and you know that improving that isn't going to make you more likely to get an A* right? You need A at AS to get an A*, and after you've got the A whatever % you get doesn't matter.. the 90% thing only matters for A2.. just seems like a bit of a waste of time to me!

i'm in the same position, my ISA brought my % down too 87% too, but I got over it because well the benefit of getting a higher is very minute. Already have an A at AS, getting a higher grade at AS won't make it any easier to get an A* at A2.
    This. :yep:

I don't quite understand why you think you need to resit in the first place...

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.