Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Too late to join clubs/societies? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I wish I joined something during freshers bazaar but I didn't. Now I really regret it. I've contacted the ladies hockey team but they're not training and I'm not professional..

Is there like a general rule on how to find out about the clubs etc offered? The website for my university isn't particularly helpful and it doesn't say how to join when it's not the start of the semester.

I dunno, anyone else in the same boat?

Short answer is no. Contact a couple of the clubs/socs you are interested in and see what they have to say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleekchic)
    Short answer is no. Contact a couple of the clubs/socs you are interested in and see what they have to say.
    Yeah, I just have to find out the different clubs on offer and i'm not sure where to look for them, website sucks.

ReputationRep:
    Try searching for groups/pages on Facebook? Or talking to your friends and seeing if they know anyone who's involved?

And it's not too late

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImperceptibleNinja)
    Try searching for groups/pages on Facebook? Or talking to your friends and seeing if they know anyone who's involved?

And it's not too late
    Thank you, sadly in a mad fit I deleted my facebook for a second time the other week. I can't find the enthsiasm to make a thrid facebook page.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by YellowDucksOnBlueSocks)
    Yeah, I just have to find out the different clubs on offer and i'm not sure where to look for them, website sucks.
    Does your Students' Union have a "Student Activities Officer" (or similar)? He or she would have a list of all active societies and contact details for their committee members. If your uni has an Athletics Union (or similar) affiliated to BUCS, they would have the same details for all sports teams.

ReputationRep:
    Wait, are you at Queens? Is this the page of clubs and societies you're talking about? Some of links I've looked at have a 'contact us' section somewhere with an email address, so you could drop them a message and see what they say. Others have meeting places and times. It's not toooo bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImperceptibleNinja)
    Wait, are you at Queens? Is this the page of clubs and societies you're talking about? Some of links I've looked at have a 'contact us' section somewhere with an email address, so you could drop them a message and see what they say. Others have meeting places and times. It's not toooo bad

Hmm, How'd you know I'm at Queens? Yeah, the activities page is annoying, I remember at freshers bazaar there were waay more clubs etc. Ladies boating club? I don't think so..lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jellybeanjen)
    Does your Students' Union have a "Student Activities Officer" (or similar)? He or she would have a list of all active societies and contact details for their committee members. If your uni has an Athletics Union (or similar) affiliated to BUCS, they would have the same details for all sports teams.
    Ooh, thats the kinda thing I wish to find out. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YellowDucksOnBlueSocks)
    Hmm, How'd you know I'm at Queens? Yeah, the activities page is annoying, I remember at freshers bazaar there were waay more clubs etc. Ladies boating club? I don't think so..lol
    Mwahaha, I'm psychic :yep:

Actually...
    I looked at your profile and found your posts, and looked at which forums you posted in, then looked at which university you mentioned most Only people logged in to their TSR account can see your profile, I think.

If you want, I can go on Facebook, search for any pages/groups you're interested in, and then PM you their contact details?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.