Turn on thread page Beta

Running / jogging and weight loss watch

ReputationRep:
    This may sound like a stupid question but will jogging / running 30 mins 3/4 times a week combined with a healthy diet help me lose weight? I wanna lose fat from my thights, arms, and tone up my stomach as well as increasing my general fitness levels.

Despite only being a beginner i really enjoy running and would like to continue this. I'm female, 18, 5''11 and 11stone.

Any help is much appreciated and thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Running will help you lose weight but diet is the most important thing.

Something I would also like to sort out lol.

ReputationRep:
    A "healthy" diet is entirely subjective, but yes you will eventually see results if you stick to it. I would replace jogging with high intensity interval training, or run for an hour at least. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Any calorie deficit (ie. use more energy than you consume) will cause you to lose weight. I advise lifting weights as well as running, because if you want to improve your shape you not only need to burn the fat, but increase your muscle:fat ratio, which means retaining as much muscle as possible, or even gaining some.

ReputationRep:
    ****, you're as tall as me :o:

ReputationRep:
    Yup, keep at it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ernestestes)
    A "healthy" diet is entirely subjective
    Not particularly, you'll struggle to find someone passing off processed food, alcohol, additives, sugar, large quantities of saturated fat, large quantities of salt, etc as healthy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ch0c0h01ic)
    Not particularly, you'll struggle to find someone passing off processed food, alcohol, additives, sugar, large quantities of saturated fat, large quantities of salt, etc as healthy.
    It's healthy for my tastebuds nomnomnom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ch0c0h01ic)
    The OP said healthy diet.

edit: no specific foods and macro/micronutrients, to clarify.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ernestestes)
    The OP said healthy diet.
    Yes, well done. So what?

ReputationRep:
    That means they were asking about a healthy diet - "healthy" being subjective, and "diet" meaning more than one subset of food.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.