Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm not being silly am I? Watch

So basically my mate met this random guy at a club on Saturday and they swapped numbers etc. She was meant to go out with me and some other mates on Monday night, but declined because she "has no money". I then get a text from her saying how excited she is that this random guy asked her out on a date on Monday night and how she has suddenly realised she has enough money to go out.

What happened to mates before dates? ¬_¬

Why can't people lie successfully?

Discuss.

ReputationRep:
    "Beauty is a fraud"
    Simon welling

ReputationRep:
    i reckon you're right to be angry. tell her you are annoyed, hopefully she'll say sorry, job done. otherwise you need to explain to her a bit that just because there's a guy on the scene she can't start neglecting her friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

They changed that to dates before mates 7 days ago.

I don't know

ReputationRep:
    Girls do this all the time perhaps she has been single for a while or just loves the attention?

I'd certainly make more of an effort for a date rather than just a night out with a mate. I've borrowed money to invest in a night out with a potential future rather than just another night out.

ReputationRep:
    She's probably hoping on him paying.

I'd certainly make more of an effort for a date rather than just a night out with a mate. I've borrowed money to invest in a night out with a potential future rather than just another night out.
    I'd rather she just say she didn't want to go out and honour that decision rather than fly to the whims of some randomer she met on Saturday night. I mean, there's the rest the of the week to go out.

ReputationRep:
    give her a break, let the girl have a date. what are you... jealous?

I'd rather she just say she didn't want to go out and honour that decision rather than fly to the whims of some randomer she met on Saturday night. I mean, there's the rest the of the week to go out.
    No, what I'm saying is that she probably didn't have any money to go out but because something potentially special came along she's borrowed the money or something, something not worth doing for just another night out.

(Original post by NW86)
    give her a break, let the girl have a date. what are you... jealous?
    I don't mind her having a date :rolleyes: I do mind having to change my plans at the last minute when there are other people involved too because she decides she wants to jump for this random guy.

ReputationRep:
    That's whats goin around everyday in this world!

ReputationRep:
    "a Dame Is Not Worth A Dime"

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind her having a date :rolleyes: I do mind having to change my plans at the last minute when there are other people involved too because she decides she wants to jump for this random guy.
    i know i know, you're right.... but i guess just from her perspective you are her mates, you're gonna be there for nights out all the time, she might see this as once chance with this guy, like if she turns him down he won't bother asking again *shrug*

ReputationRep:
    Your plans would have been altered had she picked up a date or not. If she's only just found out that she's off out on a date with him, then it didn't affect her earlier decision in saying that she won't be going out with you, so your plans remain unchanged. If she knew beforehand, then she would've just said, "Sorry, I'm out on a date."

She might get paid before then, sees a potential partner, can go out with you anytime but would seem strange to turn down a first date, or she's banking on him paying.

If you're really upset, then talk to her about it. There could be a ton of reasons, and it's probably not as black and white as you're seeing.

ReputationRep:
    No, what I'm saying is that she probably didn't have any money to go out but because something potentially special came along she's borrowed the money or something, something not worth doing for just another night out.
    fair enough :dontknow:
    Anyway, if you're her friend you have to acknowledge that dates are important to her? You should be happy for her that she's found someone she likes rather than seething in some sort of obsessive jealous rage that she chose him over a normal night out. First date > just another boring night pretty much every time.
    e: also changing your plans is bull. You knew she wasn't coming from the outset, so don't try and make your friend seem like the bad one here.

ReputationRep:
    Gtfo

ReputationRep:
    Huh!

ReputationRep:
    So basically my mate met this random guy at a club on Saturday and they swapped numbers etc. She was meant to go out with me and some other mates on Monday night, but declined because she "has no money". I then get a text from her saying how excited she is that this random guy asked her out on a date on Monday night and how she has suddenly realised she has enough money to go out.

Discuss.
    Why don't you tag along? germaine tagged along with bret and it worked out fine..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY8jaGs7xJ0

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    no your not.
    she said she'd go out with you, and when she didn't keep her promise, she lied.
    if there was a really good reason why she couldn't reschedule, she should have asked you about it and explained why its so important she accepts his invitation to go out monday night

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.