Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    right just seen in the paper MEOW MEOW 'MCAT, MEOW' is a legal drug which is good because i have done it before and like it.

Its made up of Methadrone ... I want to know how bad is this drug for me ? IDEAS PEOPLE ? or other drugs which are safer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaxHigginson1)
    right just seen in the paper MEOW MEOW 'MCAT, MEOW' is a legal drug which is good because i have done it before and like it.

Its made up of Methadrone ... I want to know how bad is this drug for me ? IDEAS PEOPLE ? or other drugs which are safer?

Mephedrone (or 4-methylmethcathinone) is highly addictive, people go on binges for days on end. It causes high blood pressure, it's going to put a strain on your heart. It also causes certain parts of your skin to turn purple when you binge, usually the knees & hands. Plus all the wonderful other problems stimulants cause -neurotoxicity!

It is something to take very seriously indeed, legal or not (it won't be for much longer anyway.) Be VERY careful or you might turn purple:

x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruskocaspa)
    Mephedrone (or 4-methylmethcathinone) is highly addictive, people go on binges for days on end. It causes high blood pressure, it's going to put a strain on your heart. It also causes certain parts of your skin to turn purple when you binge, usually the knees & hands. Plus all the wonderful other problems stimulants cause -neurotoxicity!

It is something to take very seriously indeed, legal or not (it won't be for much longer anyway.) Be VERY careful or you might turn purple:

x

Yeah mate thats mePHEdrone your on about no meTHAdrone two completely different things... i think the one your on about is the worst one cause i have done grams or so in a night of meow and been ****** but no pains to my chest etc.

ReputationRep:
    Paracetamoxyfrusobendroneomycin works better in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah mate thats mePHEdrone your on about no meTHAdrone two completely different things... i think the one your on about is the worst one cause i have done grams or so in a night of meow and been ****** but no pains to my chest etc.
    oh right you are mate! Read it wrong.
    I know some people who have taken Meow and have only heard good things.

To be safe I'd probably take it easy just in case. Try not to take it too excesively. But apart from that, enjoy :woo:

ReputationRep:
    It's spelt Mephedrone. There hasn't been enough research done into it because, in comparison it's a new drug, so no one really knows of any the long-term effects it can have. Personal experience - I know people who have had fits/collapsed when using it as it speeds up your heart rate. Apparently it's being made illegal in the UK, but as it's marketed as plant food, not for human consumption, no laws can be placed on it as of yet... But I'm sure there will. Just be careful!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RollerBall)
    Paracetamoxyfrusobendroneomycin works better in my opinion.
    repped

ReputationRep:

mcat is a very new drug. It hasnt been classified in the UK yet and they havent done any proper research into its side effects.

Short term: I dont think it can be that dangerous since everybodys on it these days and theres only been one unconfirmed death.

Long term: who knows? It could potentialy have very damaging long term effects on the brain but we wont know until scientists find out a bit more about it.

MDMA is alot safer tbh and would be the obvious choice if mcat wasnt so much cheaper, legal and easily available.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss-Free)
    It's spelt Mephedrone. There hasn't been enough research done into it because, in comparison it's a new drug, so no one really knows of any the long-term effects it can have. Personal experience - I know people who have had fits/collapsed when using it as it speeds up your heart rate. Apparently it's being made illegal in the UK, but as it's marketed as plant food, not for human consumption, no laws can be placed on it as of yet... But I'm sure there will. Just be careful!
    well i've had it quite a few times and always had good effects from it. i will use it more i think because when i have weed the day after im always very violent towards people :-) but yeah its LEGAL atm in the paper the times it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by halfoflessthan50p)
    MDMA is alot safer tbh and would be the obvious choice if mcat wasnt so much cheaper, legal and easily available.
    Really? The one experience i've had with MDMA was not good at all. A friend of mine went unconscious for a number of minutes.

I'm not disputing you btw, I know very little about MDMA

ReputationRep:
    Really? The one experience i've had with MDMA was not good at all. A friend of mine went unconscious for a number of minutes.

I'm not disputing you btw, I know very little about MDMA

****... no worries.

MDMA MEOW SPEED ECSTASY drugs like that are all so simular just the negatives are different. ive never done MDMA as far i remember but buying off the streets never know what it could be mixed with.
    Only thing i know about MDMA is a mate of mine had it and said he was in bed for 2 days after but he rang me and said 'what a night' !

I ended up in hospital saturday night from it throungh getting rashes all over me limbs after a binge of over a gram. None of the paramedics, nurses or Doctors had heard of it or new what did.

I woulod not recommend doing it, it is very highly addictive and i am struggling with an addiction atm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I ended up in hospital saturday night from it throungh getting rashes all over me limbs after a binge of over a gram. None of the paramedics, nurses or Doctors had heard of it or new what did.

I woulod not recommend doing it, it is very highly addictive and i am struggling with an addiction atm.
    you talking about meow... cause being a user of meow i know your willy dont work for a few hours ha umm fast beat thinking and heart rate and chewing your lips haha ..

ReputationRep:
    It's mephedrone, probably confused with methadone (no R!), which a synthetic opioid prescribed to morphine and heroin addicts. Mephedrone is still legal for now, though there have been calls for it to be made illegal and it can't be sold for human consumption. I don't think it'll be too long until it's illegal really, there seems to be a lot of publicity about it cropping up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss-Free)
    http://www.plantfoodpalace.co.uk/

yep, somehow I get the impression that the majority of their customers arent really gardeners

Medically at least, its a very safe drug. Whereas mcat could potentially be much more damaging long term.

In reality, the real danger with pills is if you buy them off some dodgy gipsy its anybody's guess what youve really been sold. Ive seen people having bad experiences aswell and its almost definately because what theyve really taken isnt what they think theyve taken.

My stats in hospital was a heart rate ranging from 98 and going up to 136bpm just by moving my arm!

Very little is known about it so if something was to happen the doctors wouldn't be completely certain of how to deal tih it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucyyy)
    It's mephedrone, probably confused with methadone (no R!), which a synthetic opioid prescribed to morphine and heroin addicts. Mephedrone is still legal for now, though there have been calls for it to be made illegal and it can't be sold for human consumption. I don't think it'll be too long until it's illegal really, there seems to be a lot of publicity about it cropping up.
    better get ****** on it as much as possible then why its legal !!

ReputationRep:
    I have mixed views on MKat. The first time I did it everyone was snorting it and it is so painful to snort and the smell is foul. I also had an horrific comedown the next day and said never agin.. Then on NYE a girl had a 6 gram bag of the stuff and I had a few bombs (wrapped in rizzla and taken with a drink) and it was great. Made you feel amazing, very talkative and sociable. I'd say Mephedrone is a good drug only if you bomb it and only if you are at a house / houseparty with a load of friends also on it, in that situation it's a great social lubricant. Still good, clean MDMA is better or strong pills; but they are such a rarity these days and MKat is so much cheaper it's a good alternative.

ReputationRep:
    in all fairnest its not to bad.. ! ANYONE AROUND SHREWSBURY THIS WEEKEND WE ARE GETTING ****** ON IT hahaha !!

Its not bad when you take it the first time and then you want it again and again and again, till pretty soon you can't go more than a week without it or some substitute. It is also very moreish, if you've bought in bulk you could end up going on one massive binge because you just can't stop, its always "one more line". I first tried it in October and have done it nearly every week since and am currently on a come down from it after doing it the past 3 nights.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 7, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.