I changed my bank details after the loan had been paid out Watch

embot790
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
My loan is supposed to be paid to me today but it went to my old account which doesn't exist anymore.. will it bounce into my new one now my details have changed or does this make it now irretrievable?

please help!
Ice_Queen
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Try calling up your bank or the SLC?
Sad3k
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If it is the same account number and sort code, by different style of banking, it should directly go into there. However if it is a totally different one, then you should contact those who deal with loans.
embot790
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I did change my details online.
Basically I had an account with one bank but switched to another for a student account, and when I got my last instalment, it automatically moved everything over..
Except this time I realised I'd never changed the actual details, which I've now done but this instalment says its already been paid but its to an account which no longer exists..
so should I go to the bank or student finance?
neo_2009
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If the bank account is closed then the payment will bounce back to SLC

Once SLC's system shows that the payment has 'failed' they will make the payment a second time to your new bank account

So i think you'd best ring SFE immediately and ask them if they have the correct bank details for you or not.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

Yes, definitely (24)
12.24%
I'd like to think so (103)
52.55%
Ha! You must be kidding. (69)
35.2%

Watched Threads