Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Twitter Joke - This country is starting to scare me. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Metro

Heavy snow prevented Mr Chambers from flying to Ireland on Friday January 15, so he vented his frustration by posting a comment on the social networking site to amuse his pals.

“Cr*p! Robin Hood airport is closed,” he wrote. “You’ve got a week and a bit to get your **** together, otherwise I’m blowing the airport sky-high!!”

A week later, rather unamused police officers arrested him under the Terrorism Act after a tip-off from a member of public.

Detectives saw his messages as a security threat and questioned him for seven hours. He was kept in a cell for an hour after the interview, then released on bail.

Furthermore, Mr Chambers has been suspended from work pending an internal investigation and banned from Robin Hood airport for life.
    Bloody hell, you can't even make a joke to your (online) friends anymore on any touchy subject. This country must be a complete laughing stock to outsiders.

ReputationRep:
    This is pathetic. The country is becoming a joke.

ReputationRep:
    lol it's a shame it's like that. People just don't see the funny side to things anymore. I guess you kinda can't blame them for being cautious though..

ReputationRep:
    Better to be safe than sorry. There are some lunatics out there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzeh)
    lol it's a shame it's like that. People just don't see the funny side to things anymore. I guess you kinda can't blame them for being cautious though..
    The name 'Mr Chambers' really sounds like the name of a terrorist :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    I said I was going to bomb LSE if they reject me :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meagz)
    It's a good undercover name.

ReputationRep:
    Ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinru)
    I said I was going to blow up LSE if they reject me :ninja:
    lol I'm sure they'd love to have you in there knowin that xP

ReputationRep:

It was a pretty unfunny joke though tbh.........

ReputationRep:
    It is pathetic, but he really should have known better. You just don't make jokes like that these days unless you're in private with your friends. What was he thinking posting a public message on the internet joking about blowing up an airport, while in an airport? The authorities are obviously being a bit ridiculous but they've got to be cautious better safe than sorry.

(Original post by dhvanika)
    After the amount of poeple that convert and then become terroists.. is more then the actual ethnicity..
    What is the "actual ethnicity" of a terrorist? Or a Muslim? Hmm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meagz)
    Yea, sounds like the BOSS xP

ReputationRep:
    Yea, sounds like the BOSS xP

BLOW UP AN AIRPORT - LIKE A BAWSSS

lol

ReputationRep:
    I don't get it.

ReputationRep:
    Banned for life?! The ****!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dhvanika)
    Thats sterotyping though.. Just cas his names "Chambers" excludes him from being a terroist :|
    Well let's be honest, if it's not the IRA, it's going to be Islamic extremists isn't it....

The only reason this situation was taken so seriously is because the law can't be seen as racist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meagz)
    BLOW UP AN AIRPORT - LIKE A BAWSSS

lol
    lol "CHOOOOOOOOOOON!" :woo:

ReputationRep:
    surely terrorists dont usually put up their plans on social networking sites for the world to see?

ReputationRep:
    I guess you kinda can't blame them for being cautious though..
    You can blame them for being retards, which they continue to prove themselves to be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dhvanika)
    Thats why i stopped at ethnicity.. cas any1 can be a terrorist.. You can be black.. white.. asian.. alien for all i care.. ANYONE can be a terrorists..
    You haven't been on TSR long enough, ONLY MUSLIMS ARE TERRORIST..GET IT IN YOUR HEAD :facepalm:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.