Turn on thread page Beta

Twitter Joke - This country is starting to scare me. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by porch monkey 4 life)
    i'm going to blow up parliament if they carry on being idiots.
    Yeah, well i'm going to go on a school shooting rampage.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe everyone would feel much better about this if he'd included the codeword in his post.

ReputationRep:
    The guy's an idiot for making that comment knowing that the government are being extra anal about it so recently.

I think that there should be a specific time organised online when everybody should post similar comments about their favourite airports to confuse/annoy the government. Why? For the lols. Hopefully they won't be daft and waste taxpayers money. I think this should be the basis for deciding whether or not Labour is a suitable candidate to run the country anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meagz)
    +rep If you add a specific, legitimate school name and post it on twitter :sexface: .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meagz)
    i'm in. let's use this website to discuss the activities we are going to carry out at my local school. we'll need explosives, i can get enough to take out around 20-30 people if we detonate them in a crowded area such as the cafeteria at lunch, then with the guns you can take out children that are still in classrooms which makes it harder for them to escape. when we run our of ammo we'll use knives, should still be effective on the nursery classes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llamageddon)
    I imagine the authors know the definition of terrorism and so your hopes are going to be dashed
    (n) terrorism, act of terrorism, terrorist act (the calculated use of violence (or the threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimidation or coercion or instilling fear)

Which is a large part of what has been occuring in both cases.

Refer to this article on wiki, it's quite interesting btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SSingh23)
    The guy's an idiot for making that comment knowing that the government are being extra anal about it so recently.
    Even with the most anal government, I don't think anyone expects the police to be in our twitters, stealing our evil plans.

i'm in. let's use this website to discuss the activities we are going to carry out at my local school. we'll need explosives, i can get enough to take out around 20-30 people if we detonate them in a crowded area such as the cafeteria at lunch, then with the guns you can take out children that are still in classrooms which makes it harder for them to escape. when we run our of ammo we'll use knives, should still be effective on the nursery classes.
    Ah yes, the Columbine approach. The bomb plan didn't work for them though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SSingh23)
    +rep If you add a specific, legitimate school name and post it on twitter :sexface: .
    this is the school

Abbey Lane Primary School
    Sheffield
    S8 0BN

i'm going to do it at 1:15pm tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yodude888)
    (n) terrorism, act of terrorism, terrorist act (the calculated use of violence (or the threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimidation or coercion or instilling fear)

Which is a large part of what has been occuring in both cases.

Refer to this article on wiki, it's quite interesting btw.
    Neither the Crusades nor the War in Iraq were wars against civilians in order to obtain goals of a religious or ideological nature.

ReputationRep:
    Common sense escaped from this country many years ago. I think it had the right idea...

ReputationRep:
    Don't forget to place tripmines at the fire exits!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Delta Usafa)
    Ah yes, the Columbine approach. The bomb plan didn't work for them though.
    You Americans are experts on school massacres :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    this is the school

Abbey Lane Primary School
    Sheffield
    S8 0BN

i'm going to do it at 1:15pm tomorrow.
    Tweet eeet.

ReputationRep:
    Would they do the same thing if someone like Jimmy Carr made a similar joke? D:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taperjeangirl!)
    Would they do the same thing if someone like Jimmy Carr made a similar joke? D:
    No, but Omid Djalili might get some funny looks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meagz)
    You Americans are experts on school massacres :teehee:
    Don't piss me off, man. You know very well what I'm capable of.

ReputationRep:
    I thought robin hood was against the state

ReputationRep:
    I'm surprised it's gotten as far as pressing charges against him for conspiracy - this is a dreadful waste of taxpayers' money trying to prepare a case which clearly doesn't exist.

Having said that - saying something like that on a public website isn't really the smartest thing anyone could do in these times , and I think the police were quite right to investigate these comments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ياسمين)
    It is pathetic, but he really should have known better. You just don't make jokes like that these days unless you're in private with your friends. What was he thinking posting a public message on the internet joking about blowing up an airport, while in an airport? The authorities are obviously being a bit ridiculous but they've got to be cautious better safe than sorry.

Originally Posted by dhvanika
    After the amount of poeple that convert and then become terroists.. is more then the actual ethnicity..

What is the "actual ethnicity" of a terrorist? Or a Muslim? Hmm.

I agree! Common sense tells you that u dont go makin jokes like that these days, sure airport security nd the police may been overdoin it a lil, but when theres people out there who think harming people will do some sort of good, can we really blame them?
    And yeah 'the actual ethinicity' whats that on about?! Is there a specific ethnic group that are all terrorists now is there? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    The real crime is against comedy (say it in a David Mitchell voice)

Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.