Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Twitter Joke - This country is starting to scare me. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inzamam99)
    Because most terrorism is political. Suicide and the killing of women and children (at all times) and the killing of non-combatant men in times of war is explicitely forbidden in Quran and as far I know the Bible's the same.

Al-Qaeda, al-Shadab etc. aren't Muslim and the crusades weren't christian even though they claimed it- when they first entered Jerusalem they pretty much massacred the whole city.
    ahh love the sig.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moley89)

It was a pretty unfunny joke though tbh.........
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

**** me that's funny.

ReputationRep:
    Are you gonna bang robin hood doe?

ReputationRep:
    "A tip-off from the public"

That worries me too. The fact that someone reading that guy's Twitter page actually felt they should call up and report that to the police. Who the hell would do that?

Seriously, this is stupid. I don't accept the "Better safe than sorry" crap, which thankfully only a few people here have expressed. We shouldn't go around investigating every frigging passing comment that people make. It's a HUGE waste of money to investigate non-threats such as these. This country has developed a serious terrorist hysteria- it's akin to the Communist hysteria of the Cold War. In the future, people will look back on the 2000s and laugh at us for being so obsessed with the threat of terrorism. People need to stop seeing terrorists where there aren't any.

ReputationRep:
    If only Osama Bin Laden had tweeted about his plans for the weekend in the run-up to 9/11, disaster may well have been averted!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)
    Religion is political.
    Not my point. My point is that Islam and Christianity forbid suicide, forbid the killing of innocents even in times of desperate war and hence the crusades, al-Qaeds, people blowing themselves up in London/Peshawar/Kabul are neither Muslim nor Christian.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiderP1g)
    Better to be safe than sorry. There are some lunatics out there!
    yeah, because thats how terrorists operate.
    they shout out their plans on twitter to give warning

ReputationRep:
    Not my point. My point is that Islam and Christianity forbid suicide, forbid the killing of innocents even in times of desperate war and hence the crusades, al-Qaeds, people blowing themselves up in London/Peshawar/Kabul are neither Muslim nor Christian.
    suicide =/= martyrdom.
    the quran obviously does not forbid martyrdom as these people have to get their ideas from somewhere.
    and noone made you the committee on deciding who is or is not muslim. these bombers think they are operating on behalf of islam, therefore they are.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    'joke'? If it were funny, maybe he'd have got away with it...

ReputationRep:
    If I got arrested every time I told someone that I'm going to kill them, I'd never be free lol
    Sometimes, common sense should be used.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJ AgnieszkaA)
    suicide =/= martyrdom.
    the quran obviously does not forbid martyrdom as these people have to get their ideas from somewhere.
    and noone made you the committee on deciding who is or is not muslim. these bombers think they are operating on behalf of islam, therefore they are.
    The Quran:

Suicide and it prolongs the periods you spend in hell and is FORBIDDEN under all circumstances for any muslim.

Kill a child under any circumstance- straight into hell and you're not a Muslim.

Kill a women under any circumstance- straight to hell you go.

Kill a male non-combatant under any circumstance- straight to hell again.

This is regardless if religion btw and this's explicity stated. Haven't you noticed how most Muslims on here are disgusted of terrorists.

You seem like a highly intelligent, non-biased, sophisticated chap, I'am sure you can figure out whether 9/11, 7/7 etc. was legal under Islamic Law.

ReputationRep:
    His middle name is probabbly hassan or something.

ReputationRep:
    Because most terrorism is political. Suicide and the killing of women and children (at all times) and the killing of non-combatant men in times of war is explicitely forbidden in Quran and as far I know the Bible's the same.

Al-Qaeda, al-Shadab etc. aren't Muslim and the crusades weren't christian even though they claimed it- when they first entered Jerusalem they pretty much massacred the whole city.
    If the Crusades weren't Christian, then why are you arguing my point? My original point was that the Crusades and the Iraq War weren't "Christian terrorism." Though even so, I would consider neither the Crusades nor the Iraq War terrorism in the first place. Civilian deaths in war were the norm during the Medieval period, and as for Iraq, any civilians that were killed were not done so by the orders of either American or British authority but rather by accident or by individual, murderous soldiers (and in the vast majority of cases of course, insurgents).

ReputationRep:
    true, theres no privacy anymore its awful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meagz)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._Great_Britain

I do, actually.
    Fail.

ReputationRep:
    The Quran:

Suicide and it prolongs the periods you spend in hell and is FORBIDDEN under all circumstances for any muslim.

Kill a child under any circumstance- straight into hell and you're not a Muslim.

Kill a women under any circumstance- straight to hell you go.

Kill a male non-combatant under any circumstance- straight to hell again.

This is regardless if religion btw and this's explicity stated. Haven't you noticed how most Muslims on here are disgusted of terrorists.

You seem like a highly intelligent, non-biased, sophisticated chap, I'am sure you can figure out whether 9/11, 7/7 etc. was legal under Islamic Law.

you have not quoted anything, you have simply said what you think it says.
    your interpretation isnt necessarily everyone elses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yodude888)
    (n) terrorism, act of terrorism, terrorist act (the calculated use of violence (or the threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimidation or coercion or instilling fear)

Which is a large part of what has been occuring in both cases.

Refer to this article on wiki, it's quite interesting btw.
    What's funny is that you're now certainly aware of what terrorism is yet still get it wrong.

Maybe you could look up the definition of war too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flugestuge)
    So then Mr Chambers could ring up the PM and threaten to kill him, but it would be ok if Mr Chambers said that it was all just a joke ? Somehow invoking the idea of a ¨joke¨ makes threats of terrorist violence and mass deaths ok ?

How about if as a joke, Mr Chambers is sentenced to a year in prison and as a joke, he is made to serve the sentence ?
    Haha what a ridiculous argument. If you read the original story, Mr Chambers was speaking to his friends on twitter about his missed flight. Looking at the context it's pretty obvious it wasn't a 'threat' to anyone with a modicum of common sense.

ReputationRep:
    To save me reading seven pages has anyone set up a group to get 1,000,000 people to threaten to bomb an airport using twitter at the same time try and arrest us all you ******* yet? If not that's probably the best way to go with this. Not that I'd join myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llamageddon)
    What's funny is that you're now certainly aware of what terrorism is yet still get it wrong.

Maybe you could look up the definition of war too?
    War in the way that it is being carried out in these cases is largely state-run terrorism. Don't patronise me with your snide remarks, you're hardly a moral or intellectual authority yourself.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.