Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aphrodite_x)
    got the acknowledgment email today for the MSc in SSE that my application has been received complete and is being considered by the selectors... BUT I should receive a response by 21 May 2010! This is 3 months since I applied..
    What will probably happen is that the department will send you an e-mail within a week or so, if they want to conduct an interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kryten)
    What will probably happen is that the department will send you an e-mail within a week or so, if they want to conduct an interview
    How do you know?? Did they do the same thing to you? :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Oh no, are there interviews in Computing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aphrodite_x)
    How do you know?? Did they do the same thing to you? :eek3:
    Well that wasn't for the same department, but that's how it turned out for me; few weeks after receiving the acknowledgement e-mail I received another e-mail regarding an online interview (Skype).

ReputationRep:
    We shouldn't worry that much chaps. The same is happening for undergrad applications. Apparently, of all the unis in the uk-UCL is the only One not to give out offers yet.

Seems like they are very busy this year

Hubert

ReputationRep:
    Oops! Gotta go freshen up my english lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hubix)
    We shouldn't worry that much chaps. The same is happening for undergrad applications. Apparently, of all the unis in the uk-UCL is the only One not to give out offers yet.

Seems like they are very busy this year

Hubert
    My sister is in that case so... :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iheartlaw)
    Anyone for the LLM @ UCL? x
    Meeeee!

ReputationRep:
    Funny how life is. After monthts despairing without news, I receive an offer from both LSE (MSc Population and Development) and UCL (MSc Development Administration and Planning).

I'm going for the latter anyway, its less expensive and it was my first choice, it even includes a field trip to a developing country!

So now I reply to the offer and then what happens? When am I supposed to send the final transcript (im still finishing my last year of BA)? They also asked me for an English test certificate, but that's weird because I had sent it as part of my application..

well, im happy! I hope you all get what you wanted

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else accepted their offer for the MSc in Infection and Immunity?

ReputationRep:
    Received an email this morning from the department - recommended for offer for MSc Project and Enterprise Management. Now waiting for a formal notification from the Admission's office. Very happy now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Musicolo)
    Received an email this morning from the department - recommended for offer for MSc Project and Enterprise Management. Now waiting for a formal notification from the Admission's office. Very happy now.
    Congrats

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RespectAll)
    Congrats
    Thanks. I hope "recommended" means I will get a formal offer. Apparently, the course director gave me a green light but now the admission's registry must do their final checks before they issue the formal offer letter. I hope they will do that.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. I hope "recommended" means I will get a formal offer. Apparently, the course director gave me a green light but now the admission's registry must do their final checks before they issue the formal offer letter. I hope they will do that.
    yeah don't worry about it. the exactly same happened to me. after being informed of the "recommendation" by the head of the department a formal letter arrived within a couple of weeks.

ReputationRep:
    Same here. If you've been recommended, you're in

ReputationRep:
    Congrats ! :bumps:

ReputationRep:
    Thank you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sooz2471)
    Same here. If you've been recommended, you're in
    Congrats on your offers everyone! I was also recommended last week, I found out when I rang them to find out what the status of my application was. How long does it usually take for them to send out an official letter? I would feel better if I had the offer in writing before I say no to other universities, I have to reply to the others by 1st May.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sk84)
    Congrats on your offers everyone! I was also recommended last week, I found out when I rang them to find out what the status of my application was. How long does it usually take for them to send out an official letter? I would feel better if I had the offer in writing before I say no to other universities, I have to reply to the others by 1st May.
    Thanks, and congrats to you too I have the same problem about the letter. Honestly, don't hold your breath: I was notified by email on the 16th and 22nd of March for English and French respectively, and I still haven't received any offer letter - the Graduate secretary warned me that it takes quite a while for an offer to come through officially...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turbulent_mind)
    Hi,

I've received an offer for MSc Biochemical Engg. Any opinions on the course or university would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Hari
    Hi I have also applied for that course to and i 'll probably be accepted but it is not my first choice..Was yours?..I think it has as a program relatively to other similar very few taught "elements" on the actuall subject of biochemical engineering and it mostly focuses on how you make a process suitable for the industrial production..if you like that aspect it is ok..but me for example i am more intrested in the processes and the technology themselves..

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.