Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I received an email from the department with an offer subject to final checks. My official offer letter was dated 3 weeks after the email and I received it in the post a few days after that.

My department advised contacting UCL admissions if I hadn't received the letter after 4 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sk84)
    Congrats on your offers everyone! I was also recommended last week, I found out when I rang them to find out what the status of my application was. How long does it usually take for them to send out an official letter? I would feel better if I had the offer in writing before I say no to other universities, I have to reply to the others by 1st May.
    My offer letter took around two weeks to arrive after I got the notice I was recommended by the department.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone who has been recommended-are you applying for accommodation? If yes, are you waiting for a formal letter to come through or have you already applied? I am thinking about applying now even though I only learned last week of my recommendation.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I already firmed my offer so I'm thinking of applying for accomodation in a couple of weeks or so (though being a UE citizen I reckon my chances will be slim?)

If I were you I'd wait for the offer to be in your hands, it gives you more security, besides the deadline is only 30th june right?

ReputationRep:
    My second reference was submitted a month ago and they said they'd get in touch with me via post now. I haven't received anything yet in the post. Do they usually send an acknowledgment letter or not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sooz2471)
    Thanks, and congrats to you too I have the same problem about the letter. Honestly, don't hold your breath: I was notified by email on the 16th and 22nd of March for English and French respectively, and I still haven't received any offer letter - the Graduate secretary warned me that it takes quite a while for an offer to come through officially...
    Thanks for the info, it seems to be quite random then, as Inesrocks said it took 2 weeks to receive their offer. My concern is I have to reply to Kings College by 1st May, of course UCL is my first choice but I would feel more comfortable saying no if I had UCL's offer in writing. Such an annoying feeling!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RespectAll)
    My second reference was submitted a month ago and they said they'd get in touch with me via post now. I haven't received anything yet in the post. Do they usually send an acknowledgment letter or not?
    Yes, they do. I received mine about three weeks after applying, but the delay varies greatly depending on the department / time of the year. The letter normally tells you when you should expect to hear back as regards decisions... Hang in there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sk84)
    Thanks for the info, it seems to be quite random then, as Inesrocks said it took 2 weeks to receive their offer. My concern is I have to reply to Kings College by 1st May, of course UCL is my first choice but I would feel more comfortable saying no if I had UCL's offer in writing. Such an annoying feeling!
    I know :banghead: I'm starting to wonder if I shouldn't start declining my offers now, I feel bad for holding on to them for the sake of a piece of paper.

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering if anyone has an offer for the Master in Management course at UCL?

ReputationRep:
    Just got an email saying my application was incomplete - missing a "clear and complete transcript".
    :confused: :confused: :confused:

My uploaded transcript was perfectly legible and as complete as can get as far as i know - all module marks over 3 years. And it was good enough for King's who have just given me an offer despite receiving my application a month after UCL :rolleyes:

Not amazingly impressed by UCL application process thus far...

ReputationRep:
    I also had uploaded my english language certificate and they asked me for one as part of the conditional offer. Its weird, I wonder how many different people look at our application documents, and if they look toroughly or not..

ReputationRep:
    I randomly got an email yesterday (more than 4 months after applying) apologizing for the delay in the process and that they will be able to let me know my status next week.

ReputationRep:
    I need some quick help with UCL application: In the 'qualifications already obtained' section, what should I fill in? It's compulsory, and obviously my university degree goes under 'qualifications working towards' section. Should I fill in A-Levels or something?

Thanks for any help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosslyn)
    I need some quick help with UCL application: In the 'qualifications already obtained' section, what should I fill in? It's compulsory, and obviously my university degree goes under 'qualifications working towards' section. Should I fill in A-Levels or something?

Thanks for any help!
    Of course, along with any other relevant qualification you may have -- although I think there is another section where you can put down such things as academic experience, etc. The "qualifications already obtained" one is more relevant for those working towards their MA degree I guess. Good luck with your application

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I included my A-levels. I filled in a paper application so if you are filling in the online form it may be different, but the paper form said anything obtained since the age of 17 which I took to mean they wanted AS Levels and onwards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosslyn)

Thanks for any help!
    Yes you should put your A-levels, for as far as I remember it says you should put qualificaitons you got since you were 17.

ReputationRep:
    Spoke to a very nice woman in UCL admissions dep and am now back on track - seems my beautifully scanned transcript was mangled at their end. Ah well.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys for the help. I've submitted mine now! =)

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I applied a couple of weeks ago and called admissions yesterday to be told that it’ll take like ten more days for my application to be processed. I then went back to have a look at my online application and noticed that my transcript exceeds 2MB. Do you think they will accept it or should I give them a ring on Monday and ask them if I should re-send it?

Am starting to feel a bit disheartened by this whole process, because I feel/think that the longer they take to process my application the less my chances are of getting in . Even though the programme I applied to doesn’t close until May 18th the admissions secretary told me that it’s something of a first come first serve basis and only if they haven’t filled places by the deadline they’ll continue to interview applicants…

ReputationRep:
    Hi Freinds,

I applied for MSc in Networked Computer systems at UCL on 17th dec 2009, But still didnt got a response. every time i call computer sci dept, i am told to wait for another week as they have not yet received decision on my application.
    I received rejection in 2 months on my other applications at UCL.
    do any one have any idea whats going on??

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.