Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just recieved acknowledgement of application after completing the application over a month ago! Response expected first week of June. Goodness, they do take their time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RespectAll)
    Just recieved acknowledgement of application after completing the application over a month ago! Response expected first week of June. Goodness, they do take their time.
    Try contacting the department. They will probably give you a recommendation, or no recommendation, sooner. The UCL admissions will then just confirm that by some later date.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Musicolo)
    Try contacting the department. They will probably give you a recommendation, or no recommendation, sooner. The UCL admissions will then just confirm that by some later date.
    Thanks. I'm in no rush so I think I'll just wait.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, i'm sitting on an offer from King's (yay) with a deadline of May 31st. I can see a pain in the ass scenario developing in which I don't have a response from UCL by then

I think i'll give it a week and then start hounding them daily.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RespectAll)
    One month is hardly a long time, especially considering it was their Easter holidays...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jose)
    Hmm, i'm sitting on an offer from King's (yay) with a deadline of May 31st. I can see a pain in the ass scenario developing in which I don't have a response from UCL by then

I think i'll give it a week and then start hounding them daily.
    Hi Jose, I am/was in the same situation is you. My King's offer deadline is also 31st May, I found out today that UCL has posted the offer letter. I would keep calling until they give you an answer. Perhaps they could fax the letter to you in the mean time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sk84)
    Hi Jose, I am/was in the same situation is you. My King's offer deadline is also 31st May, I found out today that UCL has posted the offer letter. I would keep calling until they give you an answer. Perhaps they could fax the letter to you in the mean time?
    Congrats :p:

I'll give them a couple more days because apparantly my application is with the department but they are unable to send anything out until they've got my transcript. I'm, perhaps optimistically, taking this to imply that I might have an offer letter dispatched when it arrives... (Alternatively it could mean that i'm at the bottom of the 'ignore' pile until then by which time the course will be full.)

But yeah i'll definitely give them a call if i've heard nothing by the end of the week.

ReputationRep:
    Accepted a conditional offer for International Public Policy MSc for September!

ReputationRep:
    Just popping in in case this can help current applicants to relax about the status of their applications: I submitted one of my applications on January 30 and only received my offer letter today, so it does take quite a while for them to get back to you, which bears no connection with the outcome of your application. Best of luck to all

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer from UCL for MSc SSE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Troyes)
    Congrats

ReputationRep:
    Congrats!

You mind telling us when you put in your application? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I applied near the end of March and received a "recommendation of offer" today which I assume is as good as an offer, with the conditions of the offer to be sent in another letter.

Does anyone know what the conditions are normally? 2:1 Honours degree?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I applied near the end of March and received a "recommendation of offer" today which I assume is as good as an offer, with the conditions of the offer to be sent in another letter.

Does anyone know what the conditions are normally? 2:1 Honours degree?
    Yep. UCL usually asks for a 2.1

Edit: No interview?

Hubix

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't say anything about an interview on the letter.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations everyone!
    I just received my offer letter today for Msc Globalisation, I applied in early February. :-)

ReputationRep:
    Erm. Just want to ask one more thing - when they say "all further communication will be conducted through letter", does that mean I'll only find out if I have been offered a place through letter, and not online? Since I'm travelling out of the country for a quite extensive bit of time during the summer, that can be a problem...

ReputationRep:
    Hi Rosslyn,

Where does it say that?

I applied using the paper application which I took over in person (I work fairly close by).

I then received an email from the department confirming they had received my application shortly followed by a letter from admissions saying the same.

From then on all my contact was with the department by email, this included an invitation to interview and an informal offer subject to formal checks.

Roughly three weeks after I had the informal offer by email I received the official letter from admissions.

So, all the communication from the department was by email, but all the 'official' communication from admissions was by letter.

I hope that helps, or not!

They do give you 4 weeks from receipt of the letter to respond which is quite a lot of time.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elby)
    Hi Rosslyn,

Where does it say that?

I applied using the paper application which I took over in person (I work fairly close by).

I then received an email from the department confirming they had received my application shortly followed by a letter from admissions saying the same.

From then on all my contact was with the department by email, this included an invitation to interview and an informal offer subject to formal checks.

Roughly three weeks after I had the informal offer by email I received the official letter from admissions.

So, all the communication from the department was by email, but all the 'official' communication from admissions was by letter.

I hope that helps, or not!

They do give you 4 weeks from receipt of the letter to respond which is quite a lot of time.

Good luck!
    It says so in the 'receipt of second reference' email. I applied online, and here's what it says:

We are pleased to be able to inform you that both of your references have been submitted for your graduate application to UCL....All future correspondence from Admissions will be sent to you by letter rather than email.
    I know formal offer letters are always through the post, but I don't see anything on my online application tracker that could indicate the status of my application - I think that's what I'm wondering. Usually unis let you know their decision online, then post the official letter to you...

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you only find out via letter. Why would they tell you if they didn't mean it?

If it is a problem I suggest you phone them up regularly to check the progress of your application. Or explain the situation to them and tell them you'd rather find out by e-mail...

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.