Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Timmaah)
    Yes, you only find out via letter. Why would they tell you if they didn't mean it?

If it is a problem I suggest you phone them up regularly to check the progress of your application. Or explain the situation to them and tell them you'd rather find out by e-mail...
    Every other uni I applied to tells you first online, then you expect the mail! It's just that I don't trust Royal Mail that much - and where I live, a lot of mail seems to go missing. I guess I'll email them and explain to them the situation. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    That's fair enough, and ya.. their system is quite dated.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!

I've been lurking for a long time and just registered today. I applied in late July (yes, July. . .at the time it made sense, but now it just sounds lame), and I got an acknowledgment from both Admissions and my department in early-to-mid August. The graduate admissions tutor apologized profusely for the delay, but said it would be a few weeks because the program coordinator was away at field school for the summer. By early September, I received the "recommendation of an offer" email, but I didn't receive my formal offer (edit: through the mail) from UCL Admissions until late October.

I have kids, so I can't do uni accommodation. Such a shame, because it seems like that would simplify things so much! I'm a little nervous about waiting until the last minute to arrange accommodation, but that sort of seems like the way things will fall. I've already applied with two places, but I'm not counting on hearing from them until August.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I have a slight issue with my Second Reference status. Although it has been uploaded more than 10 days ago it still says 'Pending Ref.' I am sure that it has been uploaded by my Professor. Did any of You have simmilar glitches and, does this have any effect on the app? Should I mail/call them? If yes, does anyone have an e-mail adress.

Thanks
    Hubert

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hubix)
    Hey,

I have a slight issue with my Second Reference status. Although it has been uploaded more than 10 days ago it still says 'Pending Ref.' I am sure that it has been uploaded by my Professor. Did any of You have simmilar glitches and, does this have any effect on the app? Should I mail/call them? If yes, does anyone have an e-mail adress.

Thanks
    Hubert
    Definitely call them, if you are sure that your professor have uploaded it. Could be their system.

ReputationRep:
    So hang on, should I be expect an acknowledgement of application received letter first, through the mail, before anything else? This whole 'taking an age' thing is actually quite discouraging...

What about the recommendation of offer email? Is that automatic, or sent out by individual departments? UCL confuses me.

ReputationRep:
    hello I have an id number for LSE do you know how can I check my application status?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zeh)
    hello I have an id number for LSE do you know how can I check my application status?
    LSE ???? London School of Economics? Wrong thread! Unless its a shortname for smth!:rolleyes:

If for LSE, research LSEforyou and they should forward you to the login website, where u need ur email and password as the login details :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosslyn)
    So hang on, should I be expect an acknowledgement of application received letter first, through the mail, before anything else? This whole 'taking an age' thing is actually quite discouraging...

What about the recommendation of offer email? Is that automatic, or sent out by individual departments? UCL confuses me.

Well, for most of us the acknowledgement came through first by email (at least 4 weeks after submitting app., give them a call if it takes longer).

The recommendation of offer would then mostly likely come a few weeks later. Either by email or letter depending on your department. Naa, its not automatic. It would either be sent out by your department head or programme director.

Comprehend?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sorcerer_12)
    Well, for most of us the acknowledgement came through first by email (at least 4 weeks after submitting app., give them a call if it takes longer).

The recommendation of offer would then mostly likely come a few weeks later. Either by email or letter depending on your department. Naa, its not automatic. It would either be sent out by your department head or programme director.

Comprehend?
    Right.So when I submitted my application, it didn't automatically go to the programme director, but has to be processed by the admissions office first? I seeeee... no wonder they take long. oh wells more waiting.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DerMunchen)
    LSE ???? London School of Economics? Wrong thread! Unless its a shortname for smth!:rolleyes:

If for LSE, research LSEforyou and they should forward you to the login website, where u need ur email and password as the login details :yep:
    thanks I was mistaken)

ReputationRep:
    About 2-3 week ago I received an email stating that I was recommended for a place to the MA Human Rights course by the course director, but the offer still had to be verified by the admissions.

I was really excited, thinking that I got in; however, I received another email today titled "offer". So guess what? I got rejected.

Has this happened to anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uc_ag)
    About 2-3 week ago I received an email stating that I was recommended for a place to the MA Human Rights course by the course director, but the offer still had to be verified by the admissions.

I was really excited, thinking that I got in; however, I received another today email titled "offer". So guess what? I got rejected.

Has this happened to anyone?
    Ugh that sucks. If you haven't already then a phone call to admissions to clarify things might be worthwhile - it sounds like you deserve an explanation.

I thought admissions had to process everything and make sure they were happy first before it went to the department? E.g. They couldn't read my uploaded transcript so i had to send a paper copy before an offer could be made. Seems weird to have them overruling the department as presumably they only deal with technicalities - min requirements, application completed properly, space on course etc. The department wanting you should be the most important thing. Unless the course filled up while the department was considering your application or something?

I'd give them a ring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iheartlaw)
    Anyone for the LLM @ UCL? x
    Yep, me! I've had the offer for ages but only just decided to go with it.

Keeva

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keeva)
    Yep, me! I've had the offer for ages but only just decided to go with it.

Keeva
    Hi

I'm not sure if I'm accepting the offer. I don't think I can completley meet the requirements (my offer is 4 x 2.1 = and I think i may slip up in 1 module)... plus I'm not sure I want to do an LLM anymore.

Good luck with it all tho!

ReputationRep:
    To those people who have submitted online applications to UCL, please could you tell me what your Application Manager indicates next to the "current status" section (assuming a decision has not yet been made)? Mine currently shows "submitted" (in red) and underneath it states "your submitted application has been sent for processing". Does "processing" mean that the app is under consideration at my prospective department? I would have thought "under consideration" would have been better terminology.

I submitted my app almost 9 weeks ago and the status has stayed the same; I haven't heard anything yet. I'm just slightly concerned the department hasn't actually received the app, despite it successfully getting to the admissions office.

ReputationRep:
    Same here.

Dont worry

Hub~

ReputationRep:
    Bradman,

Same for me. My application actually has made it to the department, but I haven't received an acknowledgment yet in the mail.

ReputationRep:
    Mine says the same. I phoned up and apparently an offer is in the post but nothing's been updated online.

I'd recommend phoning to anyone who's unsure what's going on - takes about a minute to check as long as you have your application number.

ReputationRep:
    Jose, when did you submit your app?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.