Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have a question: I applied to UCL for an MA Human Rights and was recommended by the director.However, admission believes I do not currently meet the educational requirements (I don't think it's my GPA I have a 3.82/4.3, so it must be something else).However, the founder of the Human Rights programme has sent my case to the Dean of Student with a support statement to be considered with my application.Do you believe I have my chances?
    Thanks for the help!

ReputationRep:
    double post

ReputationRep:
    I have a similar query; I am 1% below the required entry levels. What are my chances?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ms_Bish)
    I have a similar query; I am 1% below the required entry levels. What are my chances?
    Forget about the chances. Just apply. If you don't, you'd never know whether you'd get accepted.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Pharmakos. The thing is, I've applied, I'm 1% below the requirements stated in my conditional offer. Do you think I'll still be eligible?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GuardianFundManager)
    Anyone who is joining the UCL MSc Management course in September please join the facebook group:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=319425182714

was unable to join/ find this group on facebook!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am a UK Tier 1 migrant living and working in London for 4years now and 3months. I have been offered a part time place for post grad (MSc) at UCL Bartlett school. I considered myself 'UK home' student for fees. Am I right? I am reading through some criteria for LSE for example online and it includes having a 'settled' status. I'm concerned I might not be able to afford my dream now. pls advise if you've got any ideas.

'settled' status as I understand, means having no restrictions on your stay. Well I do, until 2012 when I then qualify for 'indefinite leave to remain'. My stay for four years plus now has been 1 year working holiday and most recent three + as highly skilled tier 1.

many thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ms_Bish)
    Thanks Pharmakos. The thing is, I've applied, I'm 1% below the requirements stated in my conditional offer. Do you think I'll still be eligible?
    I can't answer that. But as French people often say, "There's always an exception." Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone taking or has taken the MSc Health Psychology course joint course at UCL/KINGS? What are your thoughts on the course and the university. I have a place for September. Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    nope.u've to pay overseas fees.u can qualify only wen u'll have british nationality!

(Original post by jungfraujoch)
    Hi, I am a UK Tier 1 migrant living and working in London for 4years now and 3months. I have been offered a part time place for post grad (MSc) at UCL Bartlett school. I considered myself 'UK home' student for fees. Am I right? I am reading through some criteria for LSE for example online and it includes having a 'settled' status. I'm concerned I might not be able to afford my dream now. pls advise if you've got any ideas.

'settled' status as I understand, means having no restrictions on your stay. Well I do, until 2012 when I then qualify for 'indefinite leave to remain'. My stay for four years plus now has been 1 year working holiday and most recent three + as highly skilled tier 1.

many thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hey Everyone!

I applied for the Msc in International Public Policy on the 21 of June (super late I know but I had to wait for grades and graduation and what not).

Apparently it did not matter because 8 days later on the 29 the Director of my department emailed me to say he would advise UCL to make me an official offer! It did not take long at all!

I called admissions today and they said once they get the paperwork from the department it should be at most 10 days to draw up my letter and since I am international, they will email me when my official letter goes out.

All in all not a bad application process it seems...

ReputationRep:
    Venom may i ask what your academic background is like and do you have any work experience?

ReputationRep:
    So, I applied to various schools and got offers for all them but have a problem concerning UCL.The Human Rights MA director recommended me for admission but admission believes I do not meet educational requirements.My application has now gone to the Dean of Students with a supporting statement from the Human Rights MA director.I have a 3.82/4.3 GPA (BA History with specialization in genocide studies) and I believe good reference letters.

I wonder if the problem may lie in the fact that I studied in France for 3 years before transferring to another university in Canada and received transfer credits (45 credits). My Canadian university required 90 and the sum of all my credits was 120.So maybe they think I'm missing 5 credits.

It's not the end of the world if I don't get in as I might choose King's anyways but I just wanted to know your opinion about this.What do think is the problem and what are my chance?

Thanks, guys!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applied for (or even heard of) the MSc Cancer? I applied about a month ago.....

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I got accepted into Msc Anthropology, Environment and Development at UCL (got my acceptance in March, applied in January), also got accepted into University of Sussex for another MSc in Development as well. Unsure which I should choose, lots of people have been saying that the Institute of Development Studies at Sussex is great .... But then as a university, UCL is much more known ..... any suggestion????? Help ...

ReputationRep:
    If you live outside UK you may want to give more weight to the brand name.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meyaska)
    Hi,
    I got accepted into Msc Anthropology, Environment and Development at UCL (got my acceptance in March, applied in January), also got accepted into University of Sussex for another MSc in Development as well. Unsure which I should choose, lots of people have been saying that the Institute of Development Studies at Sussex is great .... But then as a university, UCL is much more known ..... any suggestion????? Help ...
    Anthropology is one of UCL's strongest subjects. I doubt it would be inferior to Sussex's Institute of D.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I just wanted to ask how long it usually takes for admissions to process an offer and sent out and official offer after you've been recommended by the department.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meyaska)
    Hi,
    I suggest UCL, but then again I'm biased. I'm doing the MSc in Medical Anthropology there this September.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melc212)
    I suggest UCL, but then again I'm biased. I'm doing the MSc in Medical Anthropology there this September.
    (Original post by pharmakos)
    Anthropology is one of UCL's strongest subjects. I doubt it would be inferior to Sussex's Institute of D.
    Thanks for the suggestions .... Hmmmm .... leaning towards UCL now ...

@Karoline, should be about 4-8 weeks.

FYI I submitted mine at the beginning of Dec 09, they Anthropology Dept sent me an email for the acceptance recommendation in end of January, didnt get the actual letter from the Admissions people until March. I wonder why they dont just have an online system which will make e'thing so much faster.

Although I have provided them with my firm acceptance (sent via post), recently the department emailed me again asking me to confirm my intention to attend, so that they can calculate the remaining space for accepting students. So I guess sending it early does make a difference.

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.