The Student Room Group

MSc Applicants for UCL 2010

Scroll to see replies

Another thing you should take into account is location. None of the unis in the world can have two world-class libraries (the British Lib and the Senate House Lib) and a world-class museum (the British Musuem) within walking distance. I had a great time at UCL in Bloomsbury, the intellectual centre of London!
Hey guys I got an offer for MSc Physics a couple of months ago with the requirement of a 2.1. Now that I actually have a 2.1 will I have to send a second transcript to them as proof or does my uni tell them or how does it work? :confused:
Karoline
Hey,

I just wanted to ask how long it usually takes for admissions to process an offer and sent out and official offer after you've been recommended by the department.

The Department received my app on the 28th of June and admissions received my paperwork on the 8th of July, so two weeks. Admissions told me they look to process that info and send out a letter within 7-10 working days.

Don't know if you're international but you can request that they email you when they post your official letter.
Nichrome
Hey guys I got an offer for MSc Physics a couple of months ago with the requirement of a 2.1. Now that I actually have a 2.1 will I have to send a second transcript to them as proof or does my uni tell them or how does it work? :confused:

ditto.
Reply 404
Has anyone heard back recently for the Msc. Financial Computing course?
Reply 405
i got cond. offer to MSc financial computing
Reply 406
Does anybody know some magical way to contact the admissions office? I try to call them for the last three days and nobody answers the phone:/
I sent a letter accepting a conditional offer for International Public Policy a month ago and I want to check if they got it. I also have the official results from my previous studies now and I was wondering whether I need to inform them that I've fulfilled the condition they gave me or should I just wait till September.
Does anyone know what's the procedure?
Raghavan
i got cond. offer to MSc financial computing

Hurray!
Reply 408
has ny heard abt sustainability course?
lenamilka
Does anybody know some magical way to contact the admissions office? I try to call them for the last three days and nobody answers the phone:/

What times are you calling them? I noticed theyre particularly busy around noon. I call via skype around 1-3 and I've always managed to get through. You honestly have to hang up and redial constantly until you get through.
Reply 410
i'll be attending ucl on the international public policy msc program. :smile: i applied way back at the end of january and heard back about a month later that i was accepted unconditionally.
Hi All

Here's my story:

I applied for Msc in Software Engineering to Imperial, UCL, KCL and York on 29th June, 2010. On 6th July, I received intimations from Imperial and York. Imperial had declined whereas York had accepted. Surprisingly, York's offer letter was dated 1st July. I received an email from UCL on 8th July stating "You should receive a response by 18 August 2010." Nothing from KCL so far.

I am gonna be coming from India and considering the Visa processing times from here, I really do not have too much time left. My two questions are:

a) How long do I have before I accept or decline York's offer? They do not say anything about it in the letter. There is something in the FAQ on their website about six weeks but I am not sure if it applies to my case.

b) Is UCL worth the wait? Appears from this thread that I should phone them - in 4 weeks time from their last email, perhaps?

TIA
Dhruv
Reply 412
3% should be fine. No need to worry. My friend skipped 6% and still managed to get it.

Hub
Reply 413
hi
start visa processing.even if u get offer from UCl,u can change ur uni after gettign visa!there is only slight chance that u mite get thr UCL!!!

dhruvahuja
Hi All

Here's my story:

I applied for Msc in Software Engineering to Imperial, UCL, KCL and York on 29th June, 2010. On 6th July, I received intimations from Imperial and York. Imperial had declined whereas York had accepted. Surprisingly, York's offer letter was dated 1st July. I received an email from UCL on 8th July stating "You should receive a response by 18 August 2010." Nothing from KCL so far.

I am gonna be coming from India and considering the Visa processing times from here, I really do not have too much time left. My two questions are:

a) How long do I have before I accept or decline York's offer? They do not say anything about it in the letter. There is something in the FAQ on their website about six weeks but I am not sure if it applies to my case.

b) Is UCL worth the wait? Appears from this thread that I should phone them - in 4 weeks time from their last email, perhaps?

TIA
Dhruv
Reply 414
^ Uhm, I'm quite sure that you can't "change" uni's after getting a visa.
Joining MSc Clinical and Experimental Medicine [Drug Discovery] at UCL 2010
malwadgovind@gmail
Joining MSc Clinical and Experimental Medicine [Drug Discovery] at UCL 2010

That's one of the best subjects at UCL!
lenamilka
I sent a letter accepting a conditional offer for International Public Policy a month ago and I want to check if they got it. I also have the official results from my previous studies now and I was wondering whether I need to inform them that I've fulfilled the condition they gave me or should I just wait till September.

Today I got sent a letter with a form where you had to fill in what grade you got and if you satisfied the offer they gave you. You have to send it back with a transcript so now I'm waiting on that :rolleyes:
@pharmakos

Will you please share some views on the same?

Do you know some students who have studied the same course?

Please know me at [email protected]
lenamilka

Mind you that 1-2pm is the lunch time in England.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending