MSc Applicants for UCL 2010 Watch

Raghavan
Badges: 0
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ankursharma24X7)
Hi,Raghavan - I have also been offered a place on the MSc FSE, though I have not received the offer pack still.I am a bit concerned now because there is very little time left for getting a visa...
Be ready with all the VISA related financial documents, so that once you get ur CAS, you can immediately book an appointment with VFS. It takes around 20 days approx to process VISA. you have another 40+ days in hand before the course starts. May be try dropping a mail to UCL admission team or call them to provide u a CAS soon.
blacklight
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Nichrome)
Pretty sure you won't need to send them off; you should already have sent them when you applied surely!?
Yeah, but I applied online, so it was just a plain old self-scanned certificate, and a transcript in PDF format (though that was digitally signed by the university etc ). So I seemingly just wormed my way out of spending money!
Last edited by blacklight; 8 years ago
Nichrome
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I got my offer changed to unconditional today anyone else got this letter?
RespectAll
Report 8 years ago
Those that are in Software Systems Engineering, why did you choose SSE or FSE? Also, are you planning to go into research or into work? And what kind of jobs do you think will be open to you after reading this MSc?

I have an offer for SSE but I'm unsure whether I should take it up, or make a change to FSE. Thanks!
divayna
Report 8 years ago
Hi, i got unconditional offer in MSc. Technology for broadband communication....Can any one suggest about the UCL's Electrical Electronics dept's reputation . One more thing whats the difference bettween conditional and unconditional..
nikossss
Report 8 years ago
hi,just turned unconditional for reproductive science and women's health
happy but also a bit anxious for the next steps :eek3:
Itchybrain
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Does this email mean that my transcript has been received?

Thank you for choosing UCL, we very much look forward to welcoming you to UCL in September.

To ensure your experience of settling in to UCL is smooth and straightforward we will be contacting you in the coming weeks with information to advise and guide you during your first weeks here.

The UCL New Students website provides helpful information which we hope you will read before you arrive. Here you can also download the "Crucial Guide" for new students. This guide is designed to help you to understand what is expected of you during your first few weeks at UCL and will let you know what you must do in order to become an official member of the UCL community. You can access the website at:

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/new-students/

If you have any questions please do contact us at [email protected] and we will be pleased to advise you.

The Student Centre
Kryten
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Seems so... but in any case this mail can't be a bad news
RespectAll
Report 8 years ago
I sent the 'I'm accepting offer' over three weeks ago and haven't received a letter confirming they have received it. Is this normal? Their lines are always engaged and the automated email said average times for response is: 20 days!
pharmakos
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Perhaps better to give them a ring around 9 or 10am
RespectAll
Report 8 years ago
Tried at 9.15 am too! Thanks but will try on Tuesday.
RespectAll
Report 8 years ago
Cany anyone tell me when they received the A5 size 'Joining UCL' booklet. Was that when you received the offer or after you sent off the slip, with the confirmation letter?

Thanks!
blacklight
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I got mine after sending off the slip accepting the offer and getting the confirmation of my acceptance back from UCL. Mind you, I applied in Jan and accepted in March.
RespectAll
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by blacklight)
I got mine after sending off the slip accepting the offer and getting the confirmation of my acceptance back from UCL. Mind you, I applied in Jan and accepted in March.
Thanks. Anyone else?
dant.kz
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Name: Daniyar
Course: MSc Computer Graphics, Vision and Imaging
Offer: Unconditional
Troyes
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Just recieved receipt of my transcript and unconditional offer letter for SSE :-)
Venombia12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Anybody still waiting on their CAS number?

I confirmed my details 3 weeks ago and still nothing. I'm going to have to expedite my Visa since I leave in 11 days!

I have financial aid, and accommodation and no Visa!

How long did it take you guys between confirming your details and getting your CAS?
Favourite Worst Nightmare
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by meyaska)
Hi,
I got accepted into Msc Anthropology, Environment and Development at UCL (got my acceptance in March, applied in January), also got accepted into University of Sussex for another MSc in Development as well. Unsure which I should choose, lots of people have been saying that the Institute of Development Studies at Sussex is great .... But then as a university, UCL is much more known ..... any suggestion????? Help ...
I am studying anthropology atm at Durham. Was wondering what made you decide to a master in anthropology?
Favourite Worst Nightmare
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by melc212)
I suggest UCL, but then again I'm biased. I'm doing the MSc in Medical Anthropology there this September.
Hi I have just finished my first year in anthropology undergrad and am supposed to do medical anthropology when i start second year. I was just wondering what made you decide to do a masters in medical anthropology?
melc212
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Favourite Worst Nightmare)
Hi I have just finished my first year in anthropology undergrad and am supposed to do medical anthropology when i start second year. I was just wondering what made you decide to do a masters in medical anthropology?
Hi!

Well when I started studying anthropology as an undergrad, I was less interested in a career in academia, and more interested in its practical uses. When I took a class in medical anthropology, what excited me about it was its potential to really improve peoples lives. Learning how a society views health, illness, health care systems, etc. allows you to tailor health initiatives or international aid programs to fit their needs, ultimately allowing you to reach more people and save/improve more lives. Studying health from another cultures perspective also gives you a lot more insight into that culture as a whole, into their worldview, since health concerns are such a huge part of any society. Personally, I'm hoping to eventually go into the field of international development, but medical anthropologists work in many different arenas.

If you want to get a feel for why medical anthropology is important, I highly recommend the book, The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down, by Anne Fadiman. It's a must read for anyone interested in the subject.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18

If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....

think I'm a brilliant applicant (529)
36.81%
are desperate for students (908)
63.19%

Watched Threads