Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ugh still waiting for one of my references.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jose)
    Ugh still waiting for one of my references.
    Me too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stephennn)
    Conditional offer arrived yesterday, MSc Economics
    When did u receive your acknowledgement letter? I've got mine a couple weeks ago (way over their promised 4 weeks schedule) and I'm still waiting on any sort of news....

When will UCL go ONLINE with its economics applications :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Accepted for MSc Security Studies a few days ago. Finally. After they had lost my application submitted in November...

ReputationRep:
    I have deferred my space for MSc Security Studies, so hopefully another one of you lot eagerly waiting for a response hears back soon

ReputationRep:
    My second referee uploaded references 3 weeks ago and I still did not get any response from UCL and because on their website it is written that „If you have not received an acknowledgement within two weeks of having submitted your application, or a response by the date stated on the acknowledgement letter, please telephone Admissions. We shall do our best to determine the cause of any delay” I decided to call them. I was told that my application (online btw.) will be processed within next week (i.e. Checked if there are any documents missing and if not send to the department) and than I will get an acknowledgement letter saying when should I expect to get a response.

As for the „We shall do our best to determine the cause of any delay” part, the cause is a big increase in applications this year.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, they keep mentioning big increase in applications this year but I don't know if that applies to popular programs, such as economics, or to all programs at UCL. I am not sure if its worth calling them or to just be patient and wait, wait and wait

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Musicolo)
    Yes, they keep mentioning big increase in applications this year but I don't know if that applies to popular programs, such as economics, or to all programs at UCL. I am not sure if its worth calling them or to just be patient and wait, wait and wait
    I had the same response from them...a 14 percent increase from last year. Does that also include undergraduate applications?

ReputationRep:
    Holla

I'll be having an interview for MSc Project and Enterprise Management next week! Has anyone been to an interview for it??? Im soooooo nervous

All tips are welcome!! Appreciated!

Thanks! xx

ReputationRep:
    Holla

I'll be having an interview for MSc Project and Enterprise Management next week! Has anyone been to an interview for it??? Im soooooo nervous

All tips are welcome!! Appreciated!

Thanks! xx

ReputationRep:
    Hi folks,
    as I mentioned earlier in this thread I applied for 2 PhDs (French & English) about a month ago. I received an email from the Dept Secretary of French on Feb 18 telling me that they want to interview me. I told them that April would be best for me so they said it would prob be a phone interview since they need to make a decision in March. I haven't heard from them since, but received my acknowledgement letter on Feb 23 (although it is dated Feb 10) telling me that I should expect a decision (acceptance/interview/rejection) by March 24, but of course that will be too late to notify me about the interview...

I don't understand, are they giving me the silent treatment because they changed their mind and decided to reject me in the meantime? Should I email and ask?

I don't even have an ackowledgement for my application in English btw...

ReputationRep:
    I have just received an email for an interview for ESRC funding (open competition) at the School of Public Policy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sooz2471)
    I don't even have an ackowledgement for my application in English btw...
    Just in response to this, I'm third year English at UCL applying for a MA there, and I mentioned a similar situation - that my application was taking forever and a day to even be confirmed, let alone for a decision to be made. Apparently the Graduate Admissions Office is really swamped, and the actual applications are only recently coming through. It might be the case that though it seems like a long time ago since you applied, from the English department's perspective they may have had far less time with your app, due to that backlog.

ReputationRep:
    Hooray, offer from UCL for the MSc in Infection and Immunity! They managed to come through by the stated date .

Now to panic about the prospects of accommodation. London seems incredibly pricy and I'm a UK student so it seems I can't rely on the halls at all! Anyone have experience with finding an apartment/shared flat over there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blacklight)
    Hooray, offer from UCL for the MSc in Infection and Immunity! They managed to come through by the stated date .

Now to panic about the prospects of accommodation. London seems incredibly pricy and I'm a UK student so it seems I can't rely on the halls at all! Anyone have experience with finding an apartment/shared flat over there?

congrats!!!!

ReputationRep:
    It's coming up to 2 weeks since my references came in and they submitted the application for processing, seems like it will be a long wait due to the increase in applications this years.

Has anyone received offers from the Geography Dept and if so how long did they take?

Congrats to everyone with offers!! :-)

ReputationRep:
    I can't say for the Geography Department, but it took around 2 months after the references arrived for me.

ReputationRep:
    MPhil/PhD Conditional offer for Geography. Now just have to get a 2i or 1st in my degree. Have also applied to Cambridge...but they are dragging their feet...cant wait forever...looks like UCL for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DerMunchen)
    When did u receive your acknowledgement letter? I've got mine a couple weeks ago (way over their promised 4 weeks schedule) and I'm still waiting on any sort of news....
    4th of Feb, though they then didn't take the full 4 weeks to get back to me. Arghh so much to do now though, accomodation checking etc! Feel so young again.

ReputationRep:
    Who is in the International Public Policy program?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.