Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Just been to my doctors, and he's advised me not to go in because of my flu like symptoms/rash.

I would much rather do this C3 exam this January rather than wait till May. Does anyone know how this works?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sb1234)
    Hey,

Just been to my doctors, and he's advised me not to go in because of my flu like symptoms/rash.

I would much rather do this C3 exam this January rather than wait till May. Does anyone know how this works?

Thanks
    Well, he's advised you not go in so you probably shouldn't but it's only advice. Be prepared for the wrath of your friends though if they get whatever you've got if you do decide to go in!

ReputationRep:
    Just go in with one of these:

http://www.killoncontact.co.uk/ffp2-...masks-51-p.asp

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Thanks
    Was it for your health or a concern that you are contagious? Contact your exams officer and get advice. They may be able to set you up in isolation from other students.

ReputationRep:
    Its hardly fair if you decide to go in and infect someone at risk/close to someone at risk, just because you'd rather get an exam out of the way. Alot of people will have younger brothers and sisters at home, could you imagine if you gave it to someone who passed it on to a child who became really ill or even died? I know I'm being a bit dramatic but thats why they advise you not to do things, because of worst case scenario.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't do the c3 exam this January then you'll have to wait till May/June which is bad if you have more exams in the summer.

personally I don't feel that well either, just the last couple of days of revision has really made me feel ill'ish but a exam is an exam and I'm have to keep revising and do me best.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennn*)
    Its hardly fair if you decide to go in and infect someone at risk/close to someone at risk, just because you'd rather get an exam out of the way. Alot of people will have younger brothers and sisters at home, could you imagine if you gave it to someone who passed it on to a child who became really ill or even died? I know I'm being a bit dramatic but thats why they advise you not to do things, because of worst case scenario.
    At times of exams it's everyone for themselves, would you think his friends and classmates would take pity on him cause his sick?
    If he doesn't take the exam it's like a missed opportunity to get an exam out of the way rather than thinking about it during the summer which he probably won't be as prepared for as now.
    So I say if he is still able to walk or crawl and lift up a pen he should sit the exam. For the greater good my son!

ReputationRep:
    Obviously I do want to go in and sit the exam, but like most of you say it's hardly fair to pass it on.

I'm predicted an A*, but having to do C3/C4 in May, would really reduce the chances of getting this, do they always reschedule the exams, rather than basing it on other unit results?

ReputationRep:
    If it's because he thinks you will pass it on to everyone contact your school, if they are anything like mine they will be able to put you in isolation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain)
    If it's because he thinks you will pass it on to everyone contact your school, if they are anything like mine they will be able to put you in isolation.
    Agree with this.

Ask if they can put you in isolation and then arrange to go home straight after the exam.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously I do want to go in and sit the exam, but like most of you say it's hardly fair to pass it on.

I'm predicted an A*, but having to do C3/C4 in May, would really reduce the chances of getting this, do they always reschedule the exams, rather than basing it on other unit results?
    Unless it's the last ever exam session of a legacy A-level, they will never give you a predicted grade.

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.