Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChrisBan)
    Jan 31st 2011
    Hmm alright. Really undecided when to leave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lasuil)
    Hmm alright. Really undecided when to leave.
    The way i've seen it... Id rather have a longer summer than a longer winter/spring and therefore hope to go out in April. I would avoid going in July/August as air fairs I imagine will go up because of school holidays

ReputationRep:
    Just been accepted onto the Work canada programme

ReputationRep:
    Anyone taking the group flight?

ReputationRep:
    Have my flights to Vancouver booked for sep 8th not on the group flight though..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fififiii)
    Have my flights to Vancouver booked for sep 8th not on the group flight though..
    Hey I'm probably going on Sep 8th too. Where did you get your flights? I'm looking for a cheap one!

ReputationRep:
    I'll probably go on the November 3rd group flight to Vancouver, but is it likely there will actually be anyone on that group flight? XD

ReputationRep:
    I'll probably go on the November 3rd group flight to Vancouver, but is it likely there will actually be anyone on that group flight? XD
    I swear your dates are getting later and later :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I'm heading out to Banff in October on the Gap Year Canada program, anyone else going Banff?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChrisBan)
    I swear your dates are getting later and later :p:
    V_V I really cant decide when to leave! I'm scared it's getting so close!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm considering work Canada but I have no idea on the best place to go or what time of year, I can't go until september at least. I was thinking of vancouver but i'm still unsure.

I'd be going alone so hope to meet people on the group flight or something, so if anyone has any tips or is considering doing the same thing, let me know!

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of going around that time to Van, i can't decide though..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raella)
    Hey, I'm considering work Canada but I have no idea on the best place to go or what time of year, I can't go until september at least. I was thinking of vancouver but i'm still unsure.

I'd be going alone so hope to meet people on the group flight or something, so if anyone has any tips or is considering doing the same thing, let me know!
    Hey there, welcome along. I'm planning on going out next April/May cant come around quick enough TBH. Are you a student/just graduated because the application for non students is closed currently

ReputationRep:
    I'm about to graduate. I'm so desperate to go now but i was thinking of next year as i need to save money up and i want to go before summer when the weather is better, so was thinking of April time too. Whereabouts are you thinking of heading?

ReputationRep:
    Aw guys, I have just read through this thread, and it makes me want to go out again so badly I wanted to do the Work Canada thing, but then I got into Uni so now I can't! If anyone wants to ask anything about the country though I might be able to help a bit, I travelled across Canada from Toronto to Vancouver and back last summer, so any questions, shoot! I :love: Canada, I'm definitely going out there to work once I qualify, in millions of years time :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raella)
    I'm about to graduate. I'm so desperate to go now but i was thinking of next year as i need to save money up and i want to go before summer when the weather is better, so was thinking of April time too. Whereabouts are you thinking of heading?
    Cool... yeah do it next summer! Gives you more time to prepare, money wise and planning! I was originally thinking of going to Vancouver, but I'm swaying towards Toronto at the moment for various reasons. How about you, got anywhere in mind yet?

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty dead cert on the November 6th BUNAC group flight to Vancouver. I'm getting excited now just need to wait to see if I get my uni place confirmed (need to get 2 B's) and then I can change onto the student programme if I send in my application on like the 21st August do you reckon that would be time for a November flight? How long have peoples applications taken to go through generally?

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty dead cert on the November 6th BUNAC group flight to Vancouver. I'm getting excited now just need to wait to see if I get my uni place confirmed (need to get 2 B's) and then I can change onto the student programme if I send in my application on like the 21st August do you reckon that would be time for a November flight? How long have peoples applications taken to go through generally?
    Well they say 8 weeks so should be a large enough turnaround

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oaktrees)
    Aw guys, I have just read through this thread, and it makes me want to go out again so badly I wanted to do the Work Canada thing, but then I got into Uni so now I can't! If anyone wants to ask anything about the country though I might be able to help a bit, I travelled across Canada from Toronto to Vancouver and back last summer, so any questions, shoot! I :love: Canada, I'm definitely going out there to work once I qualify, in millions of years time :rolleyes:
    Toronto or Vancouver? In terms of living costs and finding a job. I booked the flight to Toronto already but BUNAC said I can change the flight to Vancouver. Toronto looks like a dump lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShaolinTemple)
    Toronto or Vancouver? In terms of living costs and finding a job. I booked the flight to Toronto already but BUNAC said I can change the flight to Vancouver. Toronto looks like a dump lol
    Bit harsh isn't it?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.