Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Completely ignorant.

ReputationRep:
    :sigh:

Not a good move on the DJ's part.

ReputationRep:
    Oh please it's not like she would have heard it, and people who cause lanes to close because of their suicide attempt are *********. If they were serious, they would wait until there are hardly any cars and therefore less chance of being stopped and more chance of successful suicide.

Being depressed and suicidal is a serious thing, but really, that guy in China had the right idea: if you've been stuck in traffic more than an hour, push 'em off.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps some people want to be saved. Also I think the whole point might be that the person doesn't give a **** about the traffic because he/she feel like no one gives a **** about him/her.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand, did Penk know that the woman was there and planning to kill herself?

ReputationRep:
    As someone that has experienced and continues to experience suicidal thoughts, I have this to say on the matter:

HAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :rofl:

Honestly, though, I actually get really irked when I hear of people holding up traffic by standing on the edge of a bridge and threatening to jump for ages. I mean, obviously I know what it's like to want to end your life and all, but for goodness' sake, how inconsiderate can you get? If you're gonna kill yourself, shut up and do it quietly and out of anyone's sight; don't attention whore and inconvenience people like this lady.

Rrgh. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    People kill themselves. Always have, always will. I fully respect their right to do it unhindered. However when the inconsiderate prats aren't just intent on ending their own miserable lives, but driving me to suicide as well by delaying my drive I do get a bit annoyed.

If you want to kill yourself put on some nice music and OD, not piss around on a bridge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Double Agent)
    Oh how hilarious, lets all mock the person going through severe emotional trauma and feeling so bad they feel the need to end their life. That'd be ******* funny. Or not.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    Now that is funny.

ReputationRep:
    It wasn't like the DJ knew. So it's not his fault.

ReputationRep:
    Good show.

ReputationRep:
    Hahahahaha that's amazing.

ReputationRep:
    LOL - it was a request, so he played it.

What a guy, if she wanted to kill herself there are easier ways than jumping off a bridge.

Please, a bit of originality would be nice, ppfftttt, women.

ReputationRep:
    As far as I can see there's no evidence that it wasn't a coincidence - a listener requested the song, possibly without any knowledge of what was happening on the M4, and I agree with previous posters who said that it's very unlikely she heard it anyway.

I don't see the problem here.

ReputationRep:
    That song is hardly something I'd associate with suicide, and while it was probably insensitive it's not as if it was Ozzy Osbourne's suicide song etc. and I don't think it would have had an affect :erm:

ReputationRep:
    That DJ is a legend

ReputationRep:
    It's absolutely disgusting that he did that. Clearly he's never been in a suicidal frame of mind before and it's certainly nothing to joke about.

ReputationRep:
    Lol. That's pretty funny. I hate selfish suicidal people who try to make things all about them. It's like people who jump under trains - just cut your wrists in the bath like a normal person, don't hold up loads of people on the way to work. Mega-selfish!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChunkymunkyDJC)
    Whilst I think it was a stupid thing to do, I at least give him some respect for sticking to his guns.
    I completely agree. Even if I disagree with what someone is saying I still respect them for not pussing out. Even creationists; as retarded as their beliefs are you have to respect their resolve.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain)
    That song is hardly something I'd associate with suicide, and while it was probably insensitive it's not as if it was Ozzy Osbourne's suicide song etc. and I don't think it would have had an affect :erm:
    It's not necessarily whether it had an affect or not, but if it was appropriate or not. Given the context of the situation, it is the song title that is to be noted here. Even hinting at the thought that someone should commit suicide is despicable.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.