Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Since when is it acceptable o.O watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    This grown woman had just finished using the loo and didn't wash her hands. I was like o.O?!

She probably has kids and stuff.. How is that right. Was in the public toilets as well. notably one of the dirtiest places ever. I was just shocked xp

Is it just me, or is that just wrong.. Or are there other people out there that think it's okay to not wash your hands afterwards?

ReputationRep:
    I've seen loads of women not wash their hands in public loos. Sure, it's gross but you can't enforce hand washing :P

ReputationRep:
    loads of people dont wash heir hands after using the loo :yucky:

ReputationRep:
    But why ever would someone want to do such a thing xp it doesn't even take that long to wash your hands. It's not like you gotta wash your whole self. tis no good

ReputationRep:
    Probably because Dettol adverts have convinced them that toilet seats are cleaner than chopping boards.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes your penis or minge is cleaner than the taps you'd be touching to wash them.

ReputationRep:
    Lol I did that one day, left the toilet without washing my hands and this rich looking guy is like :lolwut: I was in a hurry!

ReputationRep:
    You never know, they may have hand sanitizer in their handbags....

ReputationRep:
    :yucky: I don't get this, I always wash mine. Then again, I have mild OCD :o:

ReputationRep:
    My house mate doesn't wash her/his (not sure who it is) hands. I can tell because my room is opposite the bathroom, and you hear the loo flush, and within seconds they're out of the door. No one could wash their hands that fast. You'd hear the tap anyway.

Is it weird I'm considering buying Dettol and stashing it in my room, the going in to disinfect the bathroom door, lock, and light switch every evening...

It's really disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sephiroth)
    Sometimes your penis or minge is cleaner than the taps you'd be touching to wash them.
    Yeah. What's so dirty about a penis anyway? It's just skin - the same as your arms/hands. And probably cleaner too since it isn't exposed.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't the door you touch to go in dirty, and you've just touched that..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliluvschoc)
    My house mate doesn't wash her/his (not sure who it is) hands. I can tell because my room is opposite the bathroom, and you hear the loo flush, and within seconds they're out of the door. No one could wash their hands that fast. You'd hear the tap anyway.

Is it weird I'm considering buying Dettol and stashing it in my room, the going in to disinfect the bathroom door, lock, and light switch every evening...

It's really disgusting.
    How do you live with it xP I wouldn't be able to stand it for that long

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzeh)
    Isn't the door you touch to go in dirty, and you've just touched that..
    Yes, but it's the same door you're touching to get back out so washing your hands isn't going to help there.

ReputationRep:
    How do you live with it xP I wouldn't be able to stand it for that long
    Well. I'm seriously going with the Dettol idea. I can't really go and ask them if they wash their hands though, I might come across as a little odd...

:sigh:

:rant:
    :puke:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but it's the same door you're touching to get back out so washing your hands isn't going to help there.
    Use a hand sanitizer after you get out. Only takes like a min

ReputationRep:
    Use a hand sanitizer after you get out. Only takes like a min
    I'm a man, I don't carry a bag with tons of products for different uses while out.

I just wash my hands and hope for the best. Hasn't killed me so far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliluvschoc)
    Well. I'm seriously going with the Dettol idea. I can't really go and ask them if they wash their hands though, I might come across as a little odd...
    lol yea.. good idea. Although I'm pretty sure they'll still think you might some kinda OCD thing goin on with the whole Dettol craze

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it's gross. But what can you do about it? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I've actually got quite skilled at opening and shutting public loo doors (the dirtier ones - you know, the ones you only use when you're desperate, fitted out entirely in metal with suspicious characters hanging around outside and 'young male looking for sex with female, ring...' written on the walls) with my foot and carrying alcohol hand cleany stuff around. I'm by no means a clean freak, but people are disgusting.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 19, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.