Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Since when is it acceptable o.O Watch

ReputationRep:
    I think the idea of not cleaning your hands after going to the loo is really disgusting, irresponsible and quite selfish,
    a) you put your hand really near where poo comes from, eew.
    b) you don't know what's happened in that cubicle. If someone was ill and used it, then touched the lock before going to wash their hands thoroughly, you're still exposed to their germs.
    c) if there's anything on your hands, then you leave a trail of it as you leave the toilets - even if you use hand sanitiser after you leave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterflyleg)
    Yeah, it's gross. But what can you do about it? :dontknow:
    Shoot 'em!

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sephiroth)
    I'm a man, I don't carry a bag with tons of products for different uses while out.

I just wash my hands and hope for the best. Hasn't killed me so far.
    I suppose you have a point there. Can't be too clean cos then you'll only be more likely to get something cos you haven't built up a natural defense for whatever it is that's out there. But still, there's nothin wrong with takin precautions where you can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzeh)
    This grown woman had just finished using the loo and didn't wash her hands. I was like o.O?!

She probably has kids and stuff.. How is that right. Was in the public toilets as well. notably one of the dirtiest places ever. I was just shocked xp

Is it just me, or is that just wrong.. Or are there other people out there that think it's okay to not wash your hands afterwards?
    It's gross but I'm not going to do anything about it.

Tell you what though, if it bothers you that much make it your life mission to stamp this behaviour out and challenge it every time you see it.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it's gross. But what can you do about it? :dontknow:
    You cuold put a gun to their head and demand they wash up. but then you also run the risk of bein sent to prison and gettin it down on your record for bein a crazy lady in a public loo =P

ReputationRep:
    I have seen so many people use the bathroom and not wash their hands afterwards. It's a rather disgusting habit tbf, I ALWAYS wash my hands. I carry around hand sanitizer too... not in a weird Howard Hughes way though :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perfect_Gent)
    It's gross but I'm not going to do anything about it.

Tell you what though, if it bothers you that much make it your life mission to stamp this behaviour out and challenge it every time you see it.
    Yea, I'll make myself a superhero outfit n all

ReputationRep:
    You cuold put a gun to their head and demand they wash up. but then you also run the risk of bein sent to prison and gettin it down on your record for bein a crazy lady in a public loo =P
    My word, this is actually more compassionate than my suggestion... :five:

ReputationRep:
    Yea, I'll make myself a superhero outfit n all
    You can let them dry their hands on your cape!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImperceptibleNinja)
    Shoot 'em!

:rolleyes:
    :teehee: :rofl:

Haha lol , yeah. It wouldn't be really helpful, especially I want to study law xD

ReputationRep:
    What I hate is when I'm in a club and go to the toilet but there's some obese man sitting on the sinks trying to sell aftershave and blocking people from washing their hands. Sure does make you think twice about pulling in clubs. Do you want a guy's hands touching you who hasn't washed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perfect_Gent)
    You can let them dry their hands on your cape!
    lol yea. As they're reward they may touch my awesome cape

ReputationRep:
    It probably won't kill anyone. And if it does, then that person's immune system needs to man the **** up.

ReputationRep:
    I saw a cook working in a hospital kitchen do the same, didn't even take off her apron :|

ReputationRep:
    :teehee: :rofl:

Haha lol , yeah. It wouldn't be really helpful, especially I want to study law xD
    I'm doin law at the moment.. You could still have it done. Just get someome else to do it for you =P Where there's a will, there's a way lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gez1990)
    I saw a cook working in a hospital kitchen do the same, didn't even take off her apron :|
    that's just NASTEH. And not really nice for all those people that'll have to eat the food

ReputationRep:
    I find it strange that people are so bothered about washing hands after going to the toilet, especially in the guys case. Your hands are FAR dirtier than your penis, and last time I tried it, I didn't piss all over my hands either, so what makes sense about specifically washing your hands after they have touched a cleaner body part? Why not do it every time you touch your face, that's dirtier than a penis? The only logical conclusion from this is that instead of washing your hands, every time you go to the toilet you should be washing your penis.

ReputationRep:
    I'm no germaphobe, but it is pretty nasty to not wash your hands after going to the toilet, especially public ones, even for their own health benefits. Obviously you can't make people wash their hands, so I sometimes open the doors with my sleeve (not going to make a huge amount of difference but I haven't died yet ).

However, I have heard of those on the other end of the spectrum, the seat covering hoverers who use their shoe to flush the toilet (mm, putting all your shoe germs onto the handle that other people are likely to touch, lovely) which is even more weird. You're not going to die from sitting on a public toilet seat.

ReputationRep:
    It annoys me too. They could at least do it in public so they don't embarrass themselves and look dirty.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doin law at the moment.. You could still have it done. Just get someome else to do it for you =P Where there's a will, there's a way lol
    Doesn't it mean I'm an accomplice in a crime? xD

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 19, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.