Turn on thread page Beta

Since when is it acceptable o.O watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amizzle91)
    I'm no germaphobe, but it is pretty nasty to not wash your hands after going to the toilet, especially public ones, even for their own health benefits. Obviously you can't make people wash their hands, so I sometimes open the doors with my sleeve (not going to make a huge amount of difference but I haven't died yet ).

However, I have heard of those on the other end of the spectrum, the seat covering hoverers who use their shoe to flush the toilet (mm, putting all your shoe germs onto the handle that other people are likely to touch, lovely) which is even more weird. You're not going to die from sitting on a public toilet seat.
    But you can get some nasty infection.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterflyleg)
    Doesn't it mean I'm an accomplice in a crime? xD
    Nobody has to know ;P I've seen it happen loads of times. People being coerced into doin stuff and are too afraid to tell on the people that made them do it. You'll be alright, unless you have a conscience and know that you won't be able to live with yourself knowing that you did what you did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzeh)
    Nobody has to know ;P I've seen it happen loads of times. People being coerced into doin stuff and are too afraid to tell on the people that made them do it. You'll be alright, unless you have a conscience and know that you won't be able to live with yourself knowing that you did what you did.
    What a genius evil plan :adore:

lmao :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Someone's just negged me for this post:

(Original post by Butterflyleg)
    Yeah, it's gross. But what can you do about it? :dontknow:
    What's wrong with it? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Me use a public toilet?....no just no!!!. I"d much rather hold it in and go when I get home. Of course after which, I wash my hands.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps it was an accident?
    :dontknow:, maybe. There was no explanation so it's hard to say :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie72)
    Me use a public toilet?....no just no!!!. I"d much rather hold it in and go when I get home. Of course after which, I wash my hands.
    I know that it's alright to hold it in for about half an hour to an hour after you first feel the need to pee. But if you hold it in for long you can end up with a weak bladder and that's not something someone wants, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliluvschoc)
    My house mate doesn't wash her/his (not sure who it is) hands. I can tell because my room is opposite the bathroom, and you hear the loo flush, and within seconds they're out of the door. No one could wash their hands that fast. You'd hear the tap anyway.

Is it weird I'm considering buying Dettol and stashing it in my room, the going in to disinfect the bathroom door, lock, and light switch every evening...

It's really disgusting.
    Wow, how OCD are you?! Concentrating on the length of time between your housemates weeing and them opening the door? :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink Bullets)
    Wow, how OCD are you?! Concentrating on the length of time between your housemates weeing and them opening the door? :eek3:
    It's really pretty obvious. Seeing as the room is next to mine. It doesn't actually take much concentration.

It's more a point of noticing.

ReputationRep:
    i dont unless ive gone for a ****, i use that foaming antiseptic hand rub instead because lets face it the amount of hands thats touched the taps, the soap dispenser and the hand dryer is pretty gross in itself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    i dont unless ive gone for a ****, i use that foaming antiseptic hand rub instead because lets face it the amount of hands thats touched the taps, the soap dispenser and the hand dryer is pretty gross in itself
    There are public toilets with automated taps and hand dryers.. well, the ones I go to are.

ReputationRep:
    There are public toilets with automated taps and hand dryers.. well, the ones I go to are.

hand dryers yes in the ones round here, taps no

even so i would still rather use my foaming stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sephiroth)
    Sometimes your penis or minge is cleaner than the taps you'd be touching to wash them.
    this ahaha

if i was my hands in public loos i cant touch the door handle
    think of all the germs on them, would be completely pointless washing your hands.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    I think its gross! I always wash my hands, with water alone if I can't find any soap, avoid touching the door as I leave and follow up with alcohol hand gel if I can.

Germs are EWWW!

ReputationRep:
    I know that it's alright to hold it in for about half an hour to an hour after you first feel the need to pee. But if you hold it in for long you can end up with a weak bladder and that's not something someone wants, right?
    I can see your point, but I"ve always been like this ever since I can remember, and I"m now 37.......and in full control of my bladder, lol. I just find the idea of sharing a toilet that someone else has used ( and also potentially has something I can catch..yeah long shot but thats just me) so disgusting.I have a cousin who is also exactly the same as me, she wont use a public loo either.

ReputationRep:
    I can see your point, but I"ve always been like this ever since I can remember, and I"m now 37.......and in full control of my bladder, lol. I just find the idea of sharing a toilet that someone else has used ( and also potentially has something I can catch..yeah long shot but thats just me) so disgusting.I have a cousin who is also exactly the same as me, she wont use a public loo either.
    Wow.. I don't think I could do that. But yea, that's great if it works for you :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I can see your point, but I"ve always been like this ever since I can remember, and I"m now 37.......and in full control of my bladder, lol. or I just find the idea of sharing a toilet that someone else has used ( and also potentially has something I can catch..yeah long shot but thats just me) so disgusting.I have a cousin who is also exactly the same as me, she wont use a public loo either.
    So you've had your own personal toilet for 37 years, and you've never been away from your personal toilet for any prolonged period of time?

That's rather unusual.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink Bullets)
    So you've had your own personal toilet for 37 years, and you've never been away from your personal toilet for any prolonged period of time?

That's rather unusual.
    When I say public ones, I mean the ones that look skanky and dirty. It has been known for me ( on holiday and weekends away) to actually take my own toilet cleaner et all with me and to clean the loo before I can use it. I guess its not normal, but its something I have always done.....I have no idea where it started though.

ReputationRep:
    It's disgusting, I heard that public toilet door handles are dirtier than the actual toiletseats so people always look at my strangely when I open the door with my fingertip!

ReputationRep:
    I have a theory that the posher you are, the less likely you are to have good toilet manners. (Too posh to wash, maybe?) I've done several cleaning jobs, the cleanest toilet areas where in the NHS hospital I cleaned at, the worst were at the posh leisure centre. Not only do some people not wash their hands, they don't even flush.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 19, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.