Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I know not to generalize, everyone is different, etc etc...
    But most unis have a sort of 'vibe' or at least groups that tend to stick together even if it's a time to make new friends. So what's the deal at LSE?

Serious answers only please. I'm not actually basing my decision of your answers, I'm just curious (and bored).

ReputationRep:
    some say LSE people have no souls but that's probably because they cant get in.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of students have an unhealthy obsession with investment banking.

ReputationRep:
    I joke with one of my friends that just firmed LSE that he will have to take up Mandarin and Singaporese to fit in with his course mates. Basicall that they bum off international students

ReputationRep:
    Materialistic

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYJjGD5i45Y

ReputationRep:
    dating occurs in the library.

oh and americans are ignorant buffoons.

ReputationRep:
    They're all Chinese (it's true), oh and diehard capitalist propertarian materialists.

ReputationRep:
    No one listed the most important stereotype - 90% of russian birds @ lse are hottt, and there's a lot of them as well

ReputationRep:
    and the rich ones look like high-end callgirls?

not that i necessarily know what the latter look like :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    and the rich ones look like high-end callgirls?

not that i necessarily know what the latter look like :rolleyes:
    And thats a bad thing?

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha I meant social groups but this is gold! Though I'm not really seeing where I'll fit in... :p: rofl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by astudent)
    And thats a bad thing?
    hahaha i guess not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by astudent)
    No one listed the most important stereotype - 90% of russian birds @ lse are hottt, and there's a lot of them as well
    I was very surprised at this when I first started in October but it's so true... :drool: :sexface: :perv:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wait, wait, wait.... So there are super hot Russian girls that are smart and dates involve going to the library? Geek heaven I think.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like it's been hewn from a solid block of win to me.

I'm kind of in the same position JetSetGirl, but tbh I reckon there must be a decent number of people up for a laugh, who want to get out of the library and not discuss IB at every available opportunity :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woolcott)

I'm kind of in the same position JetSetGirl, but tbh I reckon there must be a decent number of people up for a laugh, who want to get out of the library and not discuss IB at every available opportunity

Mephedrone and drum 'n' bass, anyone?

ReputationRep:
    To be frank if you are someone who doesnt really put an effort, i.e. you're shy to approach people etc and have no friends in london you will be ******. But otherwise its good, lse is the same as other unis except you've got to put more of an effort yourself socially.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woolcott)

I'm kind of in the same position JetSetGirl, but tbh I reckon there must be a decent number of people up for a laugh, who want to get out of the library and not discuss IB at every available opportunity :rolleyes:
    this thread is entitled stereotypes you know....saying that though you have a point.

but if wanna know what the cool ppl at LSE get up to, read the articles in the Beaver by alice pelton. reading that, one could assume LSE students only have 2 occupations - partying and shagging.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    this thread is entitled stereotypes you know....saying that though you have a point.

but if wanna know what the cool ppl at LSE get up to, read the articles in the Beaver by alice pelton. reading that, one could assume LSE students only have 2 occupations - partying and shagging.
    Roll on October.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.