(Original post by danny111)
    i am not familiar with that expression?
    a.k.a Bring it on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hunty91)

Mephedrone and drum 'n' bass, anyone?
    You'll find that.

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me that is getting this vibe from people who are already at LSE saying 'Oh the students here are so dull and we have no social life...' ??

Can't see it really...There appear to be a few lively people on here.

I say this, but then again: it's half 1 and I'm on the internet talking about University... Hmmmm

ReputationRep:
    th
    but if wanna know what the cool ppl at LSE get up to, read the articles in the Beaver by alice pelton. reading that, one could assume LSE students only have 2 occupations - partying and shagging.
    Lol I've never read the Beaver - are you serious about this?

ReputationRep:
    but if wanna know what the cool ppl at LSE get up to, read the articles in the Beaver by alice pelton. reading that, one could assume LSE students only have 2 occupations - partying and shagging.
    I've never spotted that either, I'll look for it next time haha
    The most demented student newspaper I've ever set my eyes on is the Imperial Felix paper, so messed up I had nightmares about donkeys trying to rape me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oldboy5745)
    I've never spotted that either, I'll look for it next time haha
    The most demented student newspaper I've ever set my eyes on is the Imperial Felix paper, so messed up I had nightmares about donkeys trying to rape me...
    its the alst page of the middle section you know the small part separate fom the big paper. this weeks one was on anal sex.

(Original post by Swayum)
    Lol I've never read the Beaver - are you serious about this?
    see above.

there is also one part in the sports section which gives certain girls points, and a shag is 10 points. i dont know the girls or the writers, im just saying you get a distinct expression about LSE students reading that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jetsetgirl)
    I know not to generalize, everyone is different, etc etc...
    But most unis have a sort of 'vibe' or at least groups that tend to stick together even if it's a time to make new friends. So what's the deal at LSE?

Serious answers only please. I'm not actually basing my decision of your answers, I'm just curious (and bored).

Type A: Asians - Stick to themselves, hardworking. Many have awful language skills and are habitually seen in the library. Type B: Rich Europeans: Tend to come from Fee-Paying Schools from the North of England/Switzerland. High % of Russians in this group with obvious Mafia link. Easy to spot from their Hugo Boss polo shirts/Ugg boots. They have two interests; High end Night-Clubs and doing as little work as possible. If you've ever seen 'The OC' you'll know what i'm talking about.
    Type C: 'Change the World People'. This group can be seen skimming through the guardian whilst sipping on a starbucks. Tend to be very Pro-Palestinian and write for the Beaver. Control the SU without fail.
    Type D: Internship People: This comprises c.70% of the LSE population to some extent and is based on a hard-core group of about 10% who live to work for an IB. The other 60% tend to get sucked in one by one. This group seems to have a constant fear of losing out on to their peers in the job market. Hardcore core tend to be Indian/Chinese. Will always be seen at Networking Events/Reading the FT(but not the economist as it has nothing you can talk about in interviews)/Checking their E-mail. Would sell their grannys for an internship at Goldman Sachs.
    Type E: l'intelligentsia: Masters Students/Phds. Direct opposite of Type D. Will always be found in Wrights Bar due to high living expenses.
    Type F: Rudeboiz: Large South East Asian %. Tend to come from very upper-middle class families but feel the need to start fights/talk on mobiles in the library about who they '****** up' last night. Also fall into group D alot of the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Type A: Asians - Stick to themselves, hardworking. Many have awful language skills and are habitually seen in the library. Type B: Rich Europeans: Tend to come from Fee-Paying Schools from the North of England/Switzerland. High % of Russians in this group with obvious Mafia link. Easy to spot from their Hugo Boss polo shirts/Ugg boots. They have two interests; High end Night-Clubs and doing as little work as possible. If you've ever seen 'The OC' you'll know what i'm talking about.
    Type C: 'Change the World People'. This group can be seen skimming through the guardian whilst sipping on a starbucks. Tend to be very Pro-Palestinian and write for the Beaver. Control the SU without fail.
    Type D: Internship People: This comprises c.70% of the LSE population to some extent and is based on a hard-core group of about 10% who live to work for an IB. The other 60% tend to get sucked in one by one. This group seems to have a constant fear of losing out on to their peers in the job market. Hardcore core tend to be Indian/Chinese. Will always be seen at Networking Events/Reading the FT(but not the economist as it has nothing you can talk about in interviews)/Checking their E-mail. Would sell their grannys for an internship at Goldman Sachs.
    Type E: l'intelligentsia: Masters Students/Phds. Direct opposite of Type D. Will always be found in Wrights Bar due to high living expenses.
    Type F: Rudeboiz: Large South East Asian %. Tend to come from very upper-middle class families but feel the need to start fights/talk on mobiles in the library about who they '****** up' last night. Also fall into group D alot of the time.
    hahahaha!

except i dont fit into any of those categories

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: it was a nice read, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinru)
    :rofl: it was a nice read, thanks.
    I quite like the sound of group C! haha.

ReputationRep:
    Do you actually believe any of this? I don't think it describes LSE students well at all, maybe D.

ReputationRep:
    Do you actually believe any of this? I don't think it describes LSE students well at all, maybe D.
    well, there are people who fit into those categories.

a lot of people actually i think, would loosely fit in one of those categories.

ReputationRep:
    this thread is entitled stereotypes you know....saying that though you have a point.

I read the Beaver today - that section is actually quite good! I assumed Alice Pelton would be using a codename, but I looked her up on Facebook and she's real - ratings to her.

ReputationRep:
    I read the Beaver today - that section is actually quite good! I assumed Alice Pelton would be using a codename, but I looked her up on Facebook and she's real - ratings to her.
    hey, do u know when LSE closes on wednesday in the afternoon? (The UG admissions department in particular)

I'm thinking of deliver some forms in person this week after 3.30pm.

thanks

ReputationRep:
    I was directed towards this forum by someone who added me as a friend on Facebook, telling me I was being discussed - it's alice pelton here!
    Just thought i'd say that LSE has a big mix of people, there is plenty of partying and shagging if you look for it - joining the athletics union pretty much guarantees a good night out once a week, and a good social scene.
    If you wanna sit in the library, or get involved heavily with societies, of something like the beaver - there are plenty of opportunities.

LSE is not your average university - but there's plenty of people i know who party as much as your average student!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinru)
    hey, do u know when LSE closes on wednesday in the afternoon? (The UG admissions department in particular)

I'm thinking of deliver some forms in person this week after 3.30pm.

thanks
    I'm not sure; I'd assume 5:30 PM. Call them?

(Original post by sexandgender)
    I was directed towards this forum by someone who added me as a friend on Facebook, telling me I was being discussed - it's alice pelton here!
    LOL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sexandgender)
    Just thought i'd say that LSE has a big mix of people, there is plenty of partying and shagging if you look for it - joining the athletics union pretty much guarantees a good night out once a week, and a good social scene.
    If you wanna sit in the library, or get involved heavily with societies, of something like the beaver - there are plenty of opportunities.

LSE is not your average university - but there's plenty of people i know who party as much as your average student!
    This reassures me a lot :] I mean, I can do academics and stuff but... I'm quite a big going-out-er. The only thing is, I bloody HATE sport! Am I going to have to take up something to make the most of the AU...?

ReputationRep:
    Type A exist
    Type B to some extent or the other. On a side note I have not seen masses of 'fit russian girls' as expressed on earlier pages of this site. I see plenty of public school though, very obvious as well in the library.
    Type C unsure about this. I can see it but in very very small doses. I've yet to see many if any reading The Guardian around campus.
    Type D is typical of the 'LSE student'
    Type E well I probably fit here but I've only eaten at wrights bar once. So its more likely to be Garrick.
    Type F - Really do not exist at LSE. I've no idea where this has come from. Coming from a university East of LSE I can testify there are more there. I've seen 1 'rudeboi' if that at LSE. You really have to be kidding me, especially since I come from an area populated with them.

You've also missed out on the ridiculous amount of American kids at LSE.

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, cool.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 4, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.