Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknown demon)
    Type F - Really do not exist at LSE. I've no idea where this has come from. Coming from a university East of LSE I can testify there are more there. I've seen 1 'rudeboi' if that at LSE. You really have to be kidding me, especially since I come from an area populated with them.
    I've seen a fair few (maybe 10-20) 'type Fs' but in their defence they aren't as loud or rude as the earlier post made them out to be. They do tend to have that stereotypical 'asian rudeboi' image though - gold jewellery, 'urban' clothing/jeans, standard spiked hairstyles, talk in slang, always on their iphones and they don't mix with anyone who isn't british asian.
    The ones I've spoken to have all been pretty nice guys though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColdVein)
    I've seen a fair few (maybe 10-20) 'type Fs' but in their defence they aren't as loud or rude as the earlier post made them out to be. They do tend to have that stereotypical 'asian rudeboi' image though - gold jewellery, 'urban' clothing/jeans, standard spiked hairstyles, talk in slang, always on their iphones and they don't mix with anyone who isn't british asian.
    The ones I've spoken to have all been pretty nice guys though.

Hmm interesting, shall keep a look out.

ReputationRep:
    Where's this beaver article mentioned before?? definitely keen for a read! bring on october haha

ReputationRep:
    LOL, who quoted me on Overheard at LSE?

ReputationRep:
    yes yes to the spikked hair manademmmmmm. cant wait for an asian flexx gwaan.

ReputationRep:
    the school is basically a polycracy. Its dumb that people start bring up a lot of shii on lse; as if it so defied their expectations.

People will hang in the own crowds, do their own stuff and not speak to anyone. Its regular, I mean what do you expect when you try to doctor the student population to come from all corners of the globe. but i think this type of thing still happens everywhere, so long as the students carry mild tags of intelligentsia . The social scene for me when I arrived was very weird, but now its kool, you learn to be indifferent to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j-b)
    you learn to be indifferent to it.
    Sad but quite true.

ReputationRep:
    I am a student at lse, and have actually met alice pelton in person, you should not believe what she writes, it's not a pleasant thought, she isn't fit doesn't get laid eeuuurrrggghhhhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sexyboylse)
    I am a student at lse, and have actually met alice pelton in person, you should not believe what she writes, it's not a pleasant thought, she isn't fit doesn't get laid eeuuurrrggghhhhh
    Seems quite harsh on a public forum. Obviously don't know the person in question, but on principle...

ReputationRep:
    you are right I went too far, she does get laid, not quite sure how tho *cough* **** *cough*

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone seen this => http://thebeaveronline.co.uk/2009/11...antasy-league/

Sounds like fun

ReputationRep:
    http://thebeaveronline.co.uk/2010/02...he-lse-banker/

*shudder*

This pretty much sums up why I turned down LSE for St. Andrews

ReputationRep:
    Does everyone who doesn't want to go into investment banking drop out? XD

You see, I know life is serious, but approach it with probably the least serious attitude I can. Optimism forever and giving out jelly snakes to your competitors at an interview (yes, I did do this at the UCL interviews). I still like to debate and win but I know it's not the end of the world, and also don't mind losing if I know it means more to someone else. Stuff happens for a reason and everything works out for the best - I would make a TERRIBLE investment banker, I'm aware :3

BTW I'm Chinese and I'm guessing this doesn't fit an Asian stereotype for myself, shall I just go to SOAS instead? :P

but think of the 90% graduate employment....! XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marlowe92)

*shudder*

Not everyone at LSE is like this.

Ambitious yes but not every single person wants to enter IB there are plenty of people who'd rather do something else. Though the culture of the school makes many people curious to see what its all about.

ReputationRep:

*shudder*

"‘Hacks’ are often perceived to suffer from delusions of grandeur and consequently fail to recognize the disenchantment and mass apathy that most students at the LSE feel towards the UGM and their motions"

:rofl: - so true, you wouldn't believe the amount of campaigning going on on Houghton Street these days.

I think the article above is true to a very large extent, but I think it misses out that most of the 'bankers' and 'hacks' also spend a lot of time having fun because they don't really do much academic work. And by fun, I don't mean drugs like the author is suggesting. It's sort of like in the day time you do lots of extra-curriculars and in the evening you go out. Although that said, most of my friends DON'T do a lot of extra-curriculars but instead just send lots of applications and get stressed about it.

I happened to have talked with the guy who wrote that article today.

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was quite an amusing article.... as somebody going in for Law it made me simultaneously happy that I shan't be classed a 'banker', but also rather worried that I'd be surrounded by people that are

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xrxyxaxnx)
    I thought it was quite an amusing article.... as somebody going in for Law it made me simultaneously happy that I shan't be classed a 'banker', but also rather worried that I'd be surrounded by people that are
    Yeah no, lawyers are just as bad with their applications and stuff, it's just there are relatively fewer around compared with 'bankers' so they're not picked on.

ReputationRep:

*shudder*

lol! i know the guy who wrote that!

i wouldnt take it word for word.

and even if it were, as someone said, not everyone is like that. i for one am not.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.