Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I live in the Caribbean (Trinidad) and I'm coming back to England for uni next year, I'm in upper 6 now... going to take a gap year.

    I cannot take a student loan for obvious reasons, so I'm trying to find ways to fund my transport, leisure, books, accommodation etc.

    I love doing hair and have decided to do a hairdressing and make-up course so that when I go to uni, I can earn so cash by doing people's hair and make-up. Does this sound like a good idea to you?? (preferably uni students)
    Would you let a fellow student cut/colour/style your hair? How much would you pay if the person was certified?

    I'm also contemplating doing a cooking course for this same reason. If I so self-catered. I was thinking that I could make a plan with my hallmates to each cook for each other one night per week.. Does that make sense? I can cook quite well already, but I want to make sure that my food's amazing (so that I can make friends by sharing it).

    Please give me some advice.
The home of Results and Clearing


people online now


students helped last year

University open days

  1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.