Turn on thread page Beta

how do you subtley ask if it's a date or not watch

hi

basically i'm travelling abroad in se asia, and a friend of a friend who lives in the town i am in at the moment has been really kind and shown me around the town a couple times. she invited me to dinner wiht her and her old school friends. i didn't really talk to anyone in particular, but joined in the whole table conversation. this friend of a friend has now left the country to start a new job.

one of the guys got my number from her, i guess and started texting me. he asked me if i wanted to go to dinner tomorrow. i don't know him very well at all, but how can i make sure it is not a date, and get out of it without being mean if he says it is...?

(please write back fast - i only have 1 hr of internet left, thanks!)

xx

ReputationRep:
    Can't you ask her about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    hi

basically i'm travelling abroad in se asia, and a friend of a friend who lives in the town i am in at the moment has been really kind and shown me around the town a couple times. she invited me to dinner wiht her and her old school friends. i didn't really talk to anyone in particular, but joined in the whole table conversation. this friend of a friend has now left the country to start a new job.

one of the guys got my number from her, i guess and started texting me. he asked me if i wanted to go to dinner tomorrow. i don't know him very well at all, but how can i make sure it is not a date, and get out of it without being mean if he says it is...?

(please write back fast - i only have 1 hr of internet left, thanks!)

xx
    Refuse to go...

Solved!

ReputationRep:
    "Dinner" = almost certainly a date.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.