Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Looking for a lovely restaurant (not too expensive) for a meal for a friend's hen weekend in April. There will be about 20 of us but we're not rowdy and are quite well behaved, if a bit giggly at times. We want a nice place to have dinner on the Saturday night before going out on the town so recommendations for a restaurant and then bars and a club would be fab.

A friend of mine has mentioned Freud's as being good for groups?

Thank you in advance!

Kitson

ReputationRep:
    Jamal's :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Freud's is more of a cocktail place than somewhere you'd ever actually get food
    If you want an actual nice restaurant then you could try Brown's or Quod, which are both quite central, and quite upmarket.
    A lot of places in Oxford are pretty small, so you might be restricted on where you can go, but there are also plenty of the usual Italian places - Ask, Zizzi, Bella Italia, Pizza Express, Jamie's Italian... - if you're wanting something a bit cheaper. Or there's a Tapas place down by the castle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    Jamal's :awesome:
    I would second this. Jamal's reputation for catering for large groups is without peer.

ReputationRep:
    I've eaten at Freud's, they do a pretty good value Italian-type menu and the interior's more interesting than the average fare.

ReputationRep:
    i would seriously recommend kazbar for this - they can handle large groups, the atmosphere's really good and there's a lot of places to go out nearby. it won't be (as) cheap (as frevd's), but it's not actually expensive and i'd say totally worth it - frevd is really noisy because of the layout, and can feel a bit impersonal.

ReputationRep:
    Maxwell's! Great food (if you like American style stuff), and cocktails... you might find that you just stay there all night though.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Oxford
    All undergraduate colleges and departments Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Sep '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.