Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    OMFG are the only words to describe that paper... I failed that so bad.
    Most people at school found it hard also, that is a definate retake.:mad:

And what was up with the first bloody question:/

ReputationRep:
    That has to be the worst exam I have ever taken. ERGHHH !!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    The truck question killed me.

ReputationRep:
    WORST EVER EXAM. OMG
    I got stuck on the FIRST question, FFS!

ReputationRep:
    The A boundary should better be like... 30/60. Seriously :|

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know whether this exam was meant to be 1h30m? apparently it should of been extended by 15minutes or something as there were way more questions than the previous papers.

ReputationRep:
    Can't even remember what question it was, but asked us to calculate acceleration.. I got 3020ms^-2 and nearly headdesked right in the middle of the exam. WHAT OBJECT ACCELERATES AT THAT PACE FGS? Ugh. I may have to resit this again.

Truck question was stupid.
    And so was the last one. Typical AQA.

Fail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by siani-chan)
    Can't even remember what question it was, but asked us to calculate acceleration.. I got 3020ms^-2 and nearly headdesked right in the middle of the exam. WHAT OBJECT ACCELERATES AT THAT PACE FGS? Ugh. I may have to resit this again.

Truck question was stupid.
    And so was the last one. Typical AQA.

Fail.
    i got 3000! or something like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basma)
    i got 3000! or something like that
    This exam was a retake for me, and was definitely harder than the June 2009 exam. As for the acceleration I got some like 2550 or something ridiculous like that. Truck question was good.

The GUITAR QUESTION KILLED ME. I mean what the hell, no one that did the exam could do this bit. XD I was like WHAT THE HELL IS AN OVERTONE and how the hell do you find the wavelength. XD Maybe it's because all I knew was c=frequency x wavelength. and I drew the diagram wrong the first time.

It was a hard paper, so maybe they'll lower the ground boundary or something.

ReputationRep:
    Was harder than June for sure.

After hearing from all of you, i'm feeling better about it though

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if its because I've done m1-3 and physics 4 already but I found that paper astoundingly easy :/ sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calvinuk)
    Was harder than June for sure.

After hearing from all of you, i'm feeling better about it though
    Why's that?

I thought the first question was easy. This question had more focus on mechanics and waves than the last one. The last one had a lot about energy. Also the young's modulus question i kept getting \multiply 10^1^0 rather than to the power of 11. XD I was like WHAT THE HELL xD although my units were correct so . The line of best fit questions are stupid I think, cause depending on how you draw the line you get different answers. =/

I wonder if anyone has the paper and an unofficial mark scheme for it.

ReputationRep:
    I found it surprisingly okay, I wouldn't say easy but I think I got almost full marks. For the acceleration of the tennis ball I got 2250 or something like that, can't remember.
    That is usually how quick a tennis ball accelerates off the racket :yep:

They made the truck question quite difficult to interpret but it was okay, not the best of moments questions though to be honest. The young modulus experiment question was a dream :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Playboy King)
    I found it surprisingly okay, I wouldn't say easy but I think I got almost full marks. For the acceleration of the tennis ball I got 2250 or something like that, can't remember.
    That is usually how quick a tennis ball accelerates off the racket :yep:

They made the truck question quite difficult to interpret but it was okay, not the best of moments questions though to be honest. The young modulus experiment question was a dream :woo:
    PHEW I GOT THE ACCELERATION CORRECT I didn't know if tennis balls accelerate at that high or not. xD The mechanics I thought was super easy, the truck was easy once you got your head round it. Youngs modulus was easy until my value was to the power of 10, not 11. Due to my line of best fit. 6 easy marks for youngs modulus. The rest of it easy. The guitar I sucked at. So i'm hoping i'll do well on the rest.

Also what did you get for the force that is applied at the rear end of the truck? And which had more pressure on it, the front or the rear?

ReputationRep:
    im certain tht the acceleration was 3000

ReputationRep:
    Well acceleration = velocity / time. The velocity was 45 and the time was 0.02s, because it was from A - D, and each point was 5ms therefore 20ms = 0.02s.

So 45/0.02 = 2250.

ReputationRep:
    time was not 20ms it was 15ms

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infinity123321)
    time was not 20ms it was 15ms
    That's what I thought at first, bit I re-read the question and i'm sure it said that at D it's still on the racket, after D it's off it. So i put 20ms. =/ Can't remember now, we'll just have to wait and see if someone puts up the exam on the internet to see what it said and an unofficial mark scheme maybe.

But nothing we can do about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fahadalhasan)
    Well acceleration = velocity / time. The velocity was 45 and the time was 0.02s, because it was from A - D, and each point was 5ms therefore 20ms = 0.02s.

So 45/0.02 = 2250.
    Incorrect, it was 4 pictures, A B C D, so 3 intervals between the pictures, which is .015.

So acceleration was 3000

ReputationRep:
    it said to measure acceleration from a to d. look each distance represents 5ms from:
    a to b
    b to c
    c to d
    total 15ms

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.