Turn on thread page Beta

The official AQA Physics Unit 2 thread (post exam) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbyv)
    I found this paper horrendously easy. I only spent 2 days revising for it and i think ive got (nearly) full marks. The acceleration was definately 3000ms^-2. The rear spring was 3920N on each spring. After the extension spring the weight at X could be max 6500N or summit. The guitar question made me lol, i was expecting one on overtures (12.6 in the book btw). I can't believe they put the same investigation question as they did in june, accept with a wire rather than an elastic band, and to calculate youngs modulus. The line of best fit wasn't sposed to be straight, cause otherise calculating the youngs modulus would be wrong. And as for the last question. It was just straightforward math, and playboy king is right, if it was only 0.21% efficient, it's probably not even worth the energy to make ^^.

Sorry if im sounding cocky, but iuno, it seemed alot more straigtforward than i thought it was gunna be.
    maybe I made things seem harder than they actually are. Yeah but i draw the line of best fit even along the points and curved it, however I still got the gradient value of x10 to the power of 10. =| so I was like BUGGER! Oh well, it was 2 marks, so 1 mark went to the correct units XD which I put. As for the whole 6 mark question, that was easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shay_5293)
    6500N
    That looks familar, I think I got that as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fahadalhasan)
    What did everyone get for the line of best fit, calculate young's modulus question?
    My line of best fit was at about 60% and staight, didn't go throguh origin... Can't remember what I got for the YM but it was something to the -4 or something like that o.o the teacher who covered that part of the syllabus was lacking... teaching skills.. : /

What was the graph like when the force was removed? I just drew a line straight down xD

And shay_5293: was it per spring or overall? i put 13,000N because both springs can take the weight......

ReputationRep:
    i got acceleration in the 3000 range,
    weight on rear due to the centre of mass being closer to the rear
    I didn't put an individual spring I put for both springs at once (7840N)
    weight X extension dooda 6500N (which meant you could check your answer the question above)
    last question was use of density equation, kinetic energy.
    optics was straight forward, though i said cladding and glass?
    young modules was the gradient on the best fit line
    i just slapped a line on for the weight loss

ermm can't remember what else

and like Robbyv i started revising 2 days for it.

triple checked all my math so in case of one being wrong ECF will be applied

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reshep)
    i got acceleration in the 3000 range,
    weight on rear due to the centre of mass being closer to the rear
    I didn't put an individual spring I put for both springs at once (7840N)
    weight X extension dooda 6500N (which meant you could check your answer the question above)
    last question was use of density equation, kinetic energy.
    optics was straight forward, though i said cladding and glass?
    young modules was the gradient on the best fit line
    i just slapped a line on for the weight loss

ermm can't remember what else

and like Robbyv i started revising 2 days for it.

triple checked all my math so in case of one being wrong ECF will be applied
    I put down cladding and core not glass.

ReputationRep:
    I put down cladding and core not glass.
    i sat there for AGES trying to work it out so i put down glass :/

EDIT: looked it up, it is core but the core is made up of glass fibre... so i dont think ill get the mark :/

ReputationRep:
    i sat there for AGES trying to work it out so i put down glass :/

EDIT: looked it up, it is core but the core is made up of glass fibre... so i dont think ill get the mark :/
    Oh dear, well it's only 1 mark so it's all fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infinity123321)
    it said to measure acceleration from a to d. look each distance represents 5ms from:
    a to b
    b to c
    c to d
    total 15ms
    exactly :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calvinuk)
    I got 40% ish for effiency.

10MV out of 4x10 to the whatever times a hundred
    i got 39 ish

ReputationRep:
    it was ok paper but dodgy in some areas. the truck one.
    i did it 14000 x 0.9 divided by 2.3
    then divided everything by 2 to give in each. dont know if its right. but i hope it is otherwise i will be so pissed off. i got 2740 in each. the rest it was alright. you had to use projectile motion in the end of the 1sst question. it was a good paper though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kishan55)
    it was ok paper but dodgy in some areas. the truck one.
    i did it 14000 x 0.9 divided by 2.3
    then divided everything by 2 to give in each. dont know if its right. but i hope it is otherwise i will be so pissed off. i got 2740 in each. the rest it was alright. you had to use projectile motion in the end of the 1sst question. it was a good paper though
    projectile motion was easseeeyyy, but that's because i nailed it in the night before

it was 3920N per spring i think..

14000 * 1.4 all divided by 2.5 = 7840 for both divide by 2 for each spring.

I THINK i can't recall the exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aurumpotestasest)
    My line of best fit was at about 60% and staight, didn't go throguh origin... Can't remember what I got for the YM but it was something to the -4 or something like that o.o the teacher who covered that part of the syllabus was lacking... teaching skills.. : /

What was the graph like when the force was removed? I just drew a line straight down xD

And shay_5293: was it per spring or overall? i put 13,000N because both springs can take the weight......
    OMFG ofc, 13000N is correct. That question was a *****!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbyv)
    OMFG ofc, 13000N is correct. That question was a *****!
    ah crap, still only lose a mark i'd of thought

ReputationRep:
    projectile motion was easseeeyyy, but that's because i nailed it in the night before

it was 3920N per spring i think..

14000 * 1.4 all divided by 2.5 = 7840 for both divide by 2 for each spring.

I THINK i can't recall the exam
    that sounds about right. cause then you get 3920N for each spring. I'm pretty sure it asked you for each spring.

ReputationRep:
    that sounds about right. cause then you get 3920N for each spring. I'm pretty sure it asked you for each spring.
    Probably, but to lose one mark on that for not halving is stupendous. I hate moments :/

I was gutted with no resolving vectors or in fact any definitions for vector, scalar, transverse waves, longitudinal waves.

ReputationRep:
    Very hard exam. The truck question killed me.

i got 3000 for the tenis ball. 41% for efficiency. AND THAT OVERTONE QUESTION !?! THIS IS PHYSICS NOT MUSIC! WHAT IS AN OVERTONE ?!?!

Praying for low grade boundries

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ben05)
    Very hard exam. The truck question killed me.

i got 3000 for the tenis ball. 41% for efficiency. AND THAT OVERTONE QUESTION !?! THIS IS PHYSICS NOT MUSIC! WHAT IS AN OVERTONE ?!?!

Praying for low grade boundries

the one marker?
    times the freq by 4
    draw 4 loops with 5 nodes
    shorten the string/tighten the string

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ali242)
    the one marker?
    times the freq by 4
    draw 4 loops with 5 nodes
    shorten the string/tighten the string
    i just stuck one node down :/ as it said it only did one ah well

ReputationRep:
    i did the draw 4 loops with 5 nodes, and i said tighten the strings. Fluked that tho.

ReputationRep:
    Is this about the Unit 2 AQA Additional Science higher tier Physics 45 minute paper? Because, i havn't done mine yet. Wtf?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 9, 2010

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.