Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesomesauce)
    Is this about the Unit 2 AQA Additional Science higher tier Physics 45 minute paper? Because, i havn't done mine yet. Wtf?
    no, Physic A Unit 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reshep)
    no, Physic A Unit 2
    Oh, thank ****.

+1 rep for relief.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ali242)
    the one marker?
    times the freq by 4
    draw 4 loops with 5 nodes
    shorten the string/tighten the string
    YES FLUKED IT! I was like, i have no idea what an overtone is, but i'm guessing it has something do with the frequency so i said "tighten the string" xD

I think i got the second diagram and that last bit right out of that question, so all hope is not lost for me some marks for me. lol

ReputationRep:
    Thank you everybody for highlighting all my careless silly mistakes and dashing my dreams of getting a 90+ mark :borat:

No really, thank you :dry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesomesauce)
    Is this about the Unit 2 AQA Additional Science higher tier Physics 45 minute paper? Because, i havn't done mine yet. Wtf?
    No, AS level unit 2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Playboy King)
    Thank you everybody for highlighting all my careless silly mistakes and dashing my dreams of getting a 90+ mark :borat:

It's how I feel too

ReputationRep:

haha i feel the same way, stupid double spring so weight at X is twice what i put :/

ReputationRep:
    I think I did aload of stupi stupid mistakes and I'm really Pissed that I have.
    I got the first 2 wrong which is 5 marks, and the electricity was 2 marker which I got wrong... and line of best fit, youngs modulus ect

ergghh I hope the boundary's are really LOW.

ReputationRep:
    projectile motion was easseeeyyy, but that's because i nailed it in the night before

it was 3920N per spring i think..

14000 * 1.4 all divided by 2.5 = 7840 for both divide by 2 for each spring.

I THINK i can't recall the exam
    Basically what i did for that question:

As I recall it was 1.1 m away from rear tyres and 1.4m away from front? I think thats right. But i made the moments equal each other from either set of wheels.

So I got 1.1 x Fr = 1.4 x Ff

with Fr being force from the rear wheels and Ff being front.

Then i divided both sides by 1.1 to get Fr = 1.27272727.. x Ff

Since it must be true that Fr + Ff = 14000 N

Then I figured Fr = 14000 / (1 + 1.272727...) = 6160 N

Since there must have been 2.27272727.. lots of Fr within the force of 14000 N

That seemed to be the logical way of going about it to me at least..

then divide by 2 to get 3080 N

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomdc)

As I recall it was 1.1 m away from rear tyres and 1.4m away from front? I think thats right. But i made the moments equal each other from either set of wheels.

wasn't it to take moments around A where A was the front wheels thus what you done was wrong?
    I apologise if you're are right btw :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ali242)
    the one marker?
    times the freq by 4
    draw 4 loops with 5 nodes
    shorten the string/tighten the string
    i just remembered i didnt draw the outer 2 as nodes, where the string starts.. u think that matters?

ReputationRep:
    wasn't it to take moments around A where A was the front wheels thus what you done was wrong?
    I apologise if you're are right btw :P
    I dont know anymore, i tried just used the moment around the whole thing as a base equation to start off.. I'll ask my physics teacher tommorow hahah i dont mind if im wrong cos I should have enough for an A still, i aint studied this in a classroom for ages now since im doing it as a retake, and my brain has prehaps been frazzled by A2 maths and physics techniques

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomdc)
    I dont know anymore, i tried just used the moment around the whole thing as a base equation to start off.. I'll ask my physics teacher tommorow hahah i dont mind if im wrong cos I should have enough for an A still, i aint studied this in a classroom for ages now since im doing it as a retake, and my brain has prehaps been frazzled by A2 maths and physics techniques
    Let me know the outcome please i don't see my physics teacher until thursday

ReputationRep:
    I have probably done worse than last year.

I dont think I'll get 94/120!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomdc)
    i just remembered i didnt draw the outer 2 as nodes, where the string starts.. u think that matters?
    Yes it said mark all nodes. You missed 2 therefore you lose the mark.
    Another question that was sposed to throw you off. This paper was full of em :/

ReputationRep:

Hey, you're more than welcome

I think I've messed it up. Everyone in my class struggled. I'll be lucky to scrape a C. I got more blank answers than anything else. And that's with 5 weeks non-stop revision, let alone two days :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomdc)

Yes that the answer i got i think. BTW all the other posts.... it didnt ask about all the tyres.... only the rear tyres so u had to divide by 2.:yep:

ReputationRep:
    If it's any consolation guys, the AS module was a piece of cake

Don't badmouth physics, you may put me off doing it next year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomdc)
    you had to work it out like taking to support forces into account. because the lorry was supported at the rear and the front.
    moment from b = distance of the a from the center of mass times by the force then divided by the distance acroos a to be

so i done
    14000 x 0.9 divided by 2.3 = something then divided by 2

so i got 2750.
    but i may be wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kishan55)
    you had to work it out like taking to support forces into account. because the lorry was supported at the rear and the front.
    moment from b = distance of the a from the center of mass times by the force then divided by the distance acroos a to be

so i done
    14000 x 0.9 divided by 2.3 = something then divided by 2

so i got 2750.
    but i may be wrong
    you sure?

i thought if your taking moments around a point all forces directly on that point are ignored?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.