Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bittersweetxsymphony)
    Yeah the tattooist said it was fine he was the one who told me to do it. It really helps because it doesn't hurt so you are less likely to move or twitch and mess up the tattoo.
    I still remain unconvinced.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    Why what's wrong with it? The tattooist I went to has been doing it for ages and has an amazing reputation and he said it was fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tweety_2479)
    is this the right place to put this ??? i thought it will clasify as health ....anyhoo

i'm thinking of getting a tattoo of roses on the side of my thigh ..... i'm really in 2 minds about this though......

basically i just want to know thoughts and opinons on doing this and also i would like to know from people who have tattoo's things i would need to think about or be aware off.

this would be my first tattoo btw and i would like to know whether it would hurt getting it on my thigh.
    Moved to General Discussion.

Thighs don't really hurt ... ribs hurt the most, and maybe the back of your neck. Lower back is a bit of a ***** too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bittersweetxsymphony)
    Why what's wrong with it? The tattooist I went to has been doing it for ages and has an amazing reputation and he said it was fine.
    Because interfering with the skin before you have a tattoo seems a bad idea to me. If he said it was fine then i am sure it is, i have just never heard anyone else recommended the same thing and i feel that using the cream cheapens the whole experience :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)

There's no real reason as far as physically doing the tattoo is concerned, why numbing cream shouldn't be used. But most people in the community advise strongly against it because it's kind of a cop-out. The pain is part of the experience and numbing cream is cheating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    There's no real reason as far as physically doing the tattoo is concerned, why numbing cream shouldn't be used. But most people in the community advise strongly against it because it's kind of a cop-out. The pain is part of the experience and numbing cream is cheating.
    Meh, i have had this discussion in another thread, apparently it might compromise the quality of the tattoo. Never mind, it doesn't really affect me, i just wouldn't use it myself :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Well OP it's up to you, personally I loved the cream as I was scared about the pain but if you want the "experience" then don't use it lol.

ReputationRep:
    I had my first tattoo five days ago now and i had it on the bottom of my leg. I'm not gonna lie it does hurt but only when you think about it. The thighs not a bad place to have one to be honest because they're plenty of flesh around it.

Make sure you are 100% confident with what and wear you want it because i love my tattoo but it's a really weird feeling looking at it and knowing i've got it forever...

ReputationRep:
    if you arnt 100% sure then dont get it, keep the idea in mind and get it when you are 100% sure

things to consider when getting one, go for quality over price, as my tattooist says 'a cheap tattoo is very rarely any good: a good tattoo is very rarely cheap

research some places, go look in the shop, look on their site, look at their work and talk to the artists, talk through what you want, see what they think and like i say dont be put off by price

ReputationRep:
    you should not be in 2 minds before getting a tattoo because it will hurt and will be there for life... your sounds very pretty but it will hurt alot on your thigh .. but then again it hurts everywhere...so i think u should have a long think about it and make sure you are making the right decision x

ReputationRep:
    regarding pain and numbing cream

some artists refuse to tattoo you if you use the numbing cream, i know mine does and he does ask people if they have used it before he tattoos them

pain wise, no one can tell you how much it will or wont hurt, only way to find out is to get it done and see

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachel10)
    you should not be in 2 minds before getting a tattoo because it will hurt and will be there for life... your sounds very pretty but it will hurt alot on your thigh .. but then again it hurts everywhere...so i think u should have a long think about it and make sure you are making the right decision x

Is it not possible to get tattoos removed now though? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I have two, one on my hip, one on my back. I can't say the pain was unbearable, yes it hurt but because the pain was constant it was just "there" I guess, it didn't bother me too much once I was used to it. I will say be careful, make sure you're literally 100% sure, because I got my second one without too much thought into it, and now I wish I hadn't, so I've got to look into covering it up. (and no it's not an ex's name or anything like that, luckily I'm not that dumb).
    The pain thing is just a personal experience though, some people will say they hated it, others will say they hardly felt a thing etc. So I can't tell you how you'd experience it. Also, do your research, look into the tattooists in your area, and when you find one you're happy with, make sure it's them that tattoos you, not someone else who works there.
    Good luck though and if you do get it, I hope it turns out great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wizmo)
    You can get them removed through laser treatment, but it can cost up to £100 a session, and some tattoos can take multiple sessions before it's completely gone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wizmo)
    :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Why do a lot of girls get tattoos of roses??!!

My cousin and my friend have tattoos of roses. sigh..

The best tattoos are on Cheryl Cole tbh..X

ReputationRep:
    Cheryl's tattoo's in my opinion are generic and a load of poop.

Also, with regards to laser treatment, the tattoo isn't always fully removed.

ReputationRep:
    just get a tattoo.forget being 100% sure, who the hell has EVER been 100% sure about ANYTHING in their entire life, everyone has doubts about everything.

and remember, small tattoos are **** tattoos

bigger = more detail = better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NW86)
    just get a tattoo.forget being 100% sure, who the hell has EVER been 100% sure about ANYTHING in their entire life, everyone has doubts about everything.

and remember, small tattoos are **** tattoos

bigger = more detail = better
    Both of mine that I have so far, I was 100% certain that it was what I wanted to have on my skin.

The tattoo I have just booked, I am 100% certain that I want it on my skin.

And size has nothing to do with whether a tattoo is good or not, how narrow minded can you be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Floria)
    I have this;

(It's red in the photos because I'd just had it done)

It didn't hurt all that much really because they kept stopping and starting but it did hurt more on the bone.
    Do as people have said, stick it on your bedroom wall, if you're not sick of it after a few months, get it done.
    Oh, I love your tattoo :awesome:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.