Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Straight to the point....
    At my birthday party last week, my mates girlfriend brought 3 mates.
    I really liked one of them but couldnt say anything as there was another girl there who really likes me who I had asked to come, even though I only want to be friends with her.

The girl i took a liking to spoke to one of my close mates all night and i think, although im not 100% they ended up kissing. Since then my mate has told her he wants nothing to do with her as he has a girlfriend.

She has since told me she no longer likes him because she hates boys that cheat, something i would never do

I have never seen her before other than at my party but I want to ask her out without it sounding weird and without her feeling strange after liking my mate...

any advice on how to do this?

Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you just contact her and just ask her out for a drink? So long as you don't sound stalkerish or full-on she's not going to find it weird.

(Original post by Malkmus)
    Why don't you just contact her and just ask her out for a drink? So long as you don't sound stalkerish or full-on she's not going to find it weird.
    yeah but even at the party i only spoke to her for lyk 15 minutes, other than that ive only spoke to her on facebook...do you think if i just said "i was kinda gutted when i seen you with kyle (not real name btw), because i liked you, fancy going out the weekend?" do you think that will work?
    Or should i wait to see if i see her in person at another party and speak to her more before making a move?

is there nobody who can relate to this or just give a helpful opinion?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't even bother mentioning the other guy tbh. Just ask her if she fancies going out for a drink/somewhere else - nice and casual. Lead up to it though first. Don't just send her a one off text/message asking her out.

(Original post by Malkmus)
    I wouldn't even bother mentioning the other guy tbh. Just ask her if she fancies going out for a drink/somewhere else - nice and casual. Lead up to it though first. Don't just send her a one off text/message asking her out.
    Thats a plan, ill build it up saying what you doing weekend etc, thanks bud! rep for you, the only one who replied

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Straight to the point....
    At my birthday party last week, my mates girlfriend brought 3 mates.
    I really liked one of them but couldnt say anything as there was another girl there who really likes me who I had asked to come, even though I only want to be friends with her.

The girl i took a liking to spoke to one of my close mates all night and i think, although im not 100% they ended up kissing. Since then my mate has told her he wants nothing to do with her as he has a girlfriend.

She has since told me she no longer likes him because she hates boys that cheat, something i would never do

I have never seen her before other than at my party but I want to ask her out without it sounding weird and without her feeling strange after liking my mate...

any advice on how to do this?
    Man, your life is like a soup opera :rofl:

I think you should just talk to her, it won't kill you :p:
    Just don't look too desperate and forget about "Kyle"...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thats a plan, ill build it up saying what you doing weekend etc, thanks bud! rep for you, the only one who replied

Heyyy! :hmmm: :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterflyleg)
    You snooze, you lose! :p:

(Original post by Butterflyleg)
    Heyy i posted that before you replied!
    Thank you for the advice i appreciate it, i am just going to talk to her and see where it goes!

ReputationRep:
    Do it. I'm going out with someone my mate likes atm :sigh: I'm a bad friend.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2010
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.