Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi, just asking an input from current/qualified HCP's

for one of my assignments this year, we have to write 2000 words on a piece of diagnostic technology, and write about it and apply the knowledge we have to a case study that can be made up, or from placement.

I've decided to do the ECG as although i'd been on an orthopaedic placement i only ever saw an X-ray be used once with a suspected chest infection, and have considered using a case study on a patient who developed a PE- , and the ECG was the first tool after basic observations were used. However i could do with some suggestions or pointers for this assignment?

1. How do i present a case study, what sort of information should I include, any hints and tips of including a case study in an assignment?

2. If I WAS to make up a case study and not use my suspected PE case study, any ideas? We can choose from MRI, CT, x-ray, ultrasound and ECG. I've considered using my gynae experience with the ultrasound on a patient who had PCOS, however in the essay we have to explain the diagnosis that came about, and following treatment, which i'm going to find hard! Does anyone have any simple, and basic situations where one of these technologies is used, a diagnosis made and a treatment followed! I'm considering a PE to be too advanced really, and thought maybe someone came into A&E with an stemi, and an ECG picked it up? Any suggestions that are common, and have lots of literature on them!!!
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.