Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Got an interview at Cardiff coming up. Just wondering what it's like?

Informal/formal? Technical questions? nhs stuff/fluoridation etc?

If anyone that's already had an interview can give us an idea of what to expect that would be great!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jupitersax)

If anyone that's already had an interview can give us an idea of what to expect that would be great!

Thanks
    when did u get the interview? how did you recieve it?

ReputationRep:
    I got a letter during christmas holidays. It was meant to be on 21st Jan but I asked for a later date as it was in the middle of my exams. new date not confirmed yet.

Have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    I got a letter during christmas holidays. It was meant to be on 21st Jan but I asked for a later date as it was in the middle of my exams. new date not confirmed yet.

Have you applied?
    Yea I've applied to cardiff but not heard back yet
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

Thanks
    Last year's application cycle I had an interview. It was informal and really friendly. I didn't get asked any technical questions either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cocomango)
    Last year's application cycle I had an interview. It was informal and really friendly. I didn't get asked any technical questions either.
    around when did they interview you? and when did they tell you were unsuccessful?

are you reapplying?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by bds007)
    around when did they interview you? and when did they tell you were unsuccessful?

are you reapplying?
    They interviewed me in december and gave me an offer in January. I'm not reapplying this year because I'm in first year studying dentistry at a different dental school.

ReputationRep:
    They interviewed me in december and gave me an offer in January. I'm not reapplying this year because I'm in first year studying dentistry at a different dental school.
    lol, I thought only applicants and reapplicants used this forum

where are you studying at?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by bds007)
    lol, I thought only applicants and reapplicants used this forum

where are you studying at?
    Bristol university.

ReputationRep:
    Nice congrats on the interview.

Got an acknowledgment today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dynamikal)
    Nice congrats on the interview.

Got an acknowledgment today.
    Me too

ReputationRep:
    Bristol university.
    Hey Out of curiosity - why did you choose Bris over Cardiff?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by TwirlGirl)
    Hey Out of curiosity - why did you choose Bris over Cardiff?
    I preferred Bristol as a city. It was also closer to home which was nice. From what I hear Cardiff is great though

ReputationRep:
    hey cocomango - What did you think of the dental school at Cardiff. Did you get a tour?

ReputationRep:
    Received a conditional offer from Cardiff today, had my interview last week. First thing to say is well done with the interview. last year 150 got offers after 175 interviews. so don't worry too much.

As for the interview they were really friendly, they seemed to want to find out more about YOU. general questions were asked...how was your journey here?...why dentistry?...nhs vs private...the future of dentistry? hobbies and interests? also they'll pick up things from your PS.

2 interviewers on the panel. average interview time 15mins
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    hey cocomango - What did you think of the dental school at Cardiff. Did you get a tour?
    I thought the dental school was very good. I did get a tour on the day. It was well organised and the clinical facilities were presented very well.

ReputationRep:
    can anyone else tell us more?

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer yesterday! I realy liked cardiff - Everyone was very friendly and the facilities were very good, although I think the phantom head room was more modern in Dundee.

The interview is around 15mins long with 2 people on the panel. They asked about controversial/topical issues, personal statement, commitment to dentistry etc

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer yesterday! I realy liked cardiff - Everyone was very friendly and the facilities were very good, although I think the phantom head room was more modern in Dundee.

The interview is around 15mins long with 2 people on the panel. They asked about controversial/topical issues, personal statement, commitment to dentistry etc
    If you don't mind me asking, what contraversial issues did they ask you? And what do you mean by commitment to dentistry?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.