Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Have Aliens visited earth? watch

• View Poll Results: Do you think aliens have visited earth?
    Yes
    40.74%
    No
    59.26%

ReputationRep:
    Do you think aliens have visited us?

Most of you, I'm sure, will answer no. How can beings travel along vast distances and why would they bother visiting us?

However, various events such as Roswell [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roswell_UFO_Incident ] and the Battle of Los Angeles [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_los_angeles ] aswell as organisations such as Majestic 12 [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MJ12 ] do indicate that the government in the USA are concerned with so called 'UFOs' or 'Unidentified Flying Objects'.

So what are your views, TSR?

ReputationRep:
    Of course not :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I do believe aliens have visited us. I can't really accept humans being the only intelligent life form in the whole universe.

ReputationRep:
    They're down my house.

ReputationRep:
    If Aliens visited us en masse we would know about it.
    As it was put on the infinite monkey cage radio show:
    "The Spanish Conquistadors didnt keep landing on the shores of South America and getting back to their boat just to rough up some native guy and disappear again"

The notion of alien abductions is ridiculous, however the notion of other intelligent lifeforms beyond Earth is not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)
    I do believe aliens have visited us. I can't really accept humans being the only intelligent life form in the whole universe.
    just because there is other intelligent life doesnt mean they have reached us.
    for example if there were people as intelligent as humans then they wouldnt have left the planet like us.
    plus about 99% of the universe isnt reachable unless they travel really fast for really long which they would have to be really advanced.
    and if they were that advanced i doubt they would come in peace, they would enslave us like we did working horses or dogs

ReputationRep:
    They are here and have been for a long time. In fact, most people do not realise that the Head of the State is from Alpha Draconis. Her very lowness herself, the Queen.

lol.

ReputationRep:
    yeah extra terrestrials are visiting us all the time, we might not see them because of them blocking our vision of them or they blend in by changing their form to look like humans however not all of them are able to do this,

ReputationRep:
    All i can say it, its a mystery.
    for all we know they could of been here for bloody years! Jellyfish could be aliens?
    they could have all mysteriously floated down from space like ten thousand years ago and decided "o, its nice in this here liquidy stuff aka the sea" and decided to stay there (:

but tbh its probs a no although it'd be nice if they did come and they were friendly and not too ugly like the ones of mars attacks, cos they were major dicks.

:fatcontroller:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe Aliens are on TSR? :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Just incase you wondered, that wasn't an anal probe.
    :perv:

ReputationRep:
    I slept with one once. It was hard to say what went where.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)
    No one is asking you to. But there is a huge difference between there
    being other intelligent life, and them visiting us.

I think aliens have probably not visited earth, well not while we have been here anyway. But they're out there.

ReputationRep:
    They probably visited, didn't like it and went back. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Of course I haven't visited Earth :ninja:

But seriously...I don't think they've visited but perhaps some form of contact has been made. I think certain governments know that they exist...and can see military advantages to being their first contact. There has to be intelligent life somewhere out in space...because there's bugger all down here on earth!

ReputationRep:
    my views are that: americans are crazy-oles^^

ReputationRep:
    If youconsiderbacteriabeing aiens it already happened. Its documented.

ReputationRep:
    Aliens exist, we're not alone. But have they visited Earth I don't know.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe. Earth has been around for about 4.5 billion years (I think) so in that time someone or something must've travelled here.

I really don't know why the US Government is so protective over information about these so-called UFO sightings...must be trying to cover something big up...

:O Maybe David Icke is right! We are governed by freaking aliens! :O

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1721)
    just because there is other intelligent life doesnt mean they have reached us.
    for example if there were people as intelligent as humans then they wouldnt have left the planet like us.
    plus about 99% of the universe isnt reachable unless they travel really fast for really long which they would have to be really advanced.
    and if they were that advanced i doubt they would come in peace, they would enslave us like we did working horses or dogs

Maybe they're so intelligent that they've realised slavery is bad?? How can we guess how their minds would work? We as humans find it very difficult to imagine a different thought pattern to our own. Maybe they wouldn't even think (as we know it), maybe they wouldn't move (as we know it)??

I can't imagine a different thought pattern to my own but can acknowledge that there are different patterns.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.