Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm on the pill and have been since april.
    I take the pill for 21 days, stop taking it and 2 days later my period comes. But i stopped taking it 3 days ago and still no sign of my period...does this mean i'm pregnant?
    My bf and i did have sex without a condom recently, but he didn't finish inside me even tho i thought i was covered by the pill..
    Any help appreciated.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    You're probably not pregnant, but if it doesn't show in the next day or so and you're still worried, consider having a test.

ReputationRep:
    Your best option is probably to just do a home test... hopefully you'll be able to put your mind at ease afterwards

ReputationRep:
    A missed/late period is never an indication of pregnancy.

ReputationRep:
    it's one day late, he didn't come and you're on the pill. if you're pregnant i'll eat my hat.

ReputationRep:
    this kinda happened to me i finish on a sunday with my pill and at the start for about a year my period cam on the wednesday but now it varies from the wednesday to friday i wouldnt worry too much but obv if it doesnt come id either book a doc appointment or take a test.

I think you should stop having sex if this is what goes through your mind afterwards!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I think you should stop having sex if this is what goes through your mind afterwards!!!!
    It goes through everyone's mind. :lolwut:

I cant take a thread like this seriously when the title starts with "problemo"

Aha, I'm sorry, hope you're not up the duff though.

ReputationRep:
    It sounds unlikely that you're pregnant, considering the information you've given... but, if you are really concerned about this, I'd suggest waiting for a while and then taking a pregnancy test. Oh and, OP, don't forget that stress can delay your period even further, so try not to worry about this too much, difficult though that may be.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm on the pill and have been since april.
    I take the pill for 21 days, stop taking it and 2 days later my period comes. But i stopped taking it 3 days ago and still no sign of my period...does this mean i'm pregnant?
    My bf and i did have sex without a condom recently, but he didn't finish inside me even tho i thought i was covered by the pill..
    Any help appreciated.
    There's a sticky on the contraceptive pill in the sexual health forum, you're better off looking for advice there (Y)
    Also, this happens to me all the time. If it's a few days late you're fine, if it doesn't come at all during the seven day break then you take a pregnancy test just to check.
    But like other people have said, it's quite unlikely that you are

ReputationRep:
    Gawd, this is why I kinda hope I get a girlfriend not a boyfriend, I'd be so paranoid about this stuff.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't have a period for three months for various reasons, despite having spent about 7 years being able to pinpoint the day I will start with absolute accuracy. Don't worry about it for now - if it fails to appear completely then take a test, but the likliehood is that you're not pregnant.

ReputationRep:
    i've had that before but so long as you take it properly and don't miss days you should be fine. give it a few days and if you don't come on and your still worried take a test but don't stress too much. i've been with my bf for 3 years and been on the pill a year and a half and not used condoms once while on it and i've been fine!! not the most sensible thing to do i know and i don't like risking it but i always take it right and if i didn't then i would use condoms!!

btw the whole if he doesn't finish in me i won't get pregnant is a lie cos he will dribble all the way through so if your not using other protection don't use this!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stinky--pete)
    btw the whole if he doesn't finish in me i won't get pregnant is a lie cos he will dribble all the way through so if your not using other protection don't use this!!
    it's essentially possible to get pregnant but it's highly unlikely. precum contains no sperm, it can just pick up leftovers if the guy's come recently.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.