Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

did anyone else do this paper, how did you find it, what were your answers to some of the complex questions.

also i noticed that some questions were mirror copies of some of the past papers, but me being arrogant while doing past paper's there was a tough question and i left it thinking no way are they gonna repeat this type of question and wala they copy and paste the exact question.

how did you find unifying concept paper 2826/01 i thought it was ridiculously hard.

ReputationRep:
    Hey mate all the questions of forces fields and energy were mirror questions from past papers, 1st time ever I reckon. I checked at home and I got around 65/90. I thought these questions are no way coming up again, but did. I lost some stupid marks there. Why was Unifying Concepts paper completely new and ridiculously hard? It was very hard, including the 5 mark power question. Why did you retake? I'm retaking to get a C overall, as I already have a D. What do you reckon you got in Forces, Fields and Energy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE5)
    Hey mate all the questions of forces fields and energy were mirror questions from past papers, 1st time ever I reckon. I checked at home and I got around 65/90. I thought these questions are no way coming up again, but did. I lost some stupid marks there. Why was Unifying Concepts paper completely new and ridiculously hard? It was very hard, including the 5 mark power question. Why did you retake? I'm retaking to get a C overall, as I already have a D. What do you reckon you got in Forces, Fields and Energy?
    nice to see someone else doing this module i thought i was the only one doing it in uk lol. i made real stupid errors in the forces fields energy paper esp the last 4 mark and 8 mark question i didn't really know what they meant (let me know if you do). i probably got somewhere around 56/90 which is terrible considering just how easy the paper was i guess i need to retake this in june. am pretty sure the grade boundaries are going to shoot up so for a grade A you need to get 70/90 rather than 63 last year as the paper was too easy in my opinion, i just feel so freaking depressed as some of the questions that i couldn't in the past papers and just gave it a pass thinking it wouldn't come up but did (carbon copy), so i lost about 12 marks in that, which is like 2 grade boundaries.

i think i got 22-30 in my unifying concepts paper, i didn't know what i was writing half the time, and i def got the 5 mark question wrong as i only did like 2-3 calculations and they are not going to give 5 marks for that.

i got C overall in my physics just got a B in aslevel. i got C in health physics, c in unifying concepts/coursework, and a e in FFE (really have tough time with this module). looking back as-level physics is like abc compared to A2 stuff, and sucks that we cant retake some of the old modules to bump up the grades.

Are you retaking the health physics module and which revision guide do you use/or revision notes, i use the cgp alevel revision guide the text book health physics is just awful the nonsense they write then the important stuff is all cramped in a corner somewhere.

how are your other grades, and you applying to uni this year and what for.

ReputationRep:
    The 4 marker and 8 marker were mirror questions from Jan 2002. Paperbank has the mark scheme for this paper. First one was a definition of Internal Energy, then say there is no attraction between molecules, so doesn't have Potential energy, but only KE.
    Then the 8 marker was about state changes from gas - Liquid - Solid, then Internal Energy decreases with temperature and other concepts, look at the Mark Scheme. I'm still shocked about mirror questions, I messed up number 2 completely, the rest went quite well. Didn't think questions like these would come up, what a surprise. I went home and checked all the mark Schemes. Unifying Concepts was completely new, I wonder why. I reckon I got 20/60, but thankfully my coursework is quite good. I'm already at uni studying Accounting at DMU at the same time. I had a C at AS, and a overall D, so looking for a C overall. As I am not the best person at Physics, C will be an excellent achievement for me. I am doing the Cosmology module, hopefully mirror questiions again. Finally good luck in your exam!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 19, 2010
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.