Which is more realistic - Skins or Inbetweeners? Watch

tknight7
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Is anyone else sick of the media calling us the "Skins generation"?

Don't you think The Inbetweeners is a much more realistic portrayal of the "average" teenager?

Don't get me wrong, i've had my fair share of drugs etc and i'm sure quite a large majority of other people have too, but i think Skins takes it to an extreme
john87
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
inbetweeners by far

skins is ******* cringeworthy
john87
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by tknight7)
Is anyone else sick of the media calling us the "Skins generation"?

Don't you think The Inbetweeners is a much more realistic portrayal of the "average" teenager?

Don't get me wrong, i've had my fair share of drugs etc and i'm sure quite a large majority of other people have too, but i think Skins takes it to an extreme
yeah for sure, I remember one clip where one of them was literally chugging a bottle of pills as if it was a beer lol
Yekim_8
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Inbetweeners I think, although some of their antics are far fetched :p:

Skins dresses up the highs of their life to look amazing and then it overeggs the lows giving usually one of the worst scenarios of what could potentially happen, still love it though.
Silly_Wabbit
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The Inbetweeners by far... The amount of times I've been in similar situations is huge!
<3 inbetweener =D
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
skins is just everyone constantly taking drugs and having sex, and the latest season was so unrealistic =O
OneBeanLescott
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
extreme is an understatement when talking about skins... inbetweeners is a far better reflection of teenagers of today... well at least myself anyway lol
CombineHarvester
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Colour Me Pretty
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Skins is stupid;
it was basically just sex,drugs and drinking.

So I'd go for the The Inbetweeners.
jjarvis
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Inbetweeners. Great show.
cognito_08
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by CombineHarvester)
LOL. +1
Kreuzuerk
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Inbetweeners.
Antimatter
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Skins for life in Glastonbury or at Sussex University.
Inbetweeners for everything else :awesome:
IceDiveFresh
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Skins is awful from what I've seen (haven't watched it since episode one, series two) it comes across to me as though its been written by some fat loser balding 45 year old trying to portray what life as a teen is like these days.

Inbetweeners fairly accurately portrays losers, the basic character models are down, though obviously there is some exaggeration.
chronic_fatigue
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Inbetweeners, Skins is too extreme most people are not like that at all, the characters are always having sex or going to a party.
Melting Sugar.
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
TBH it depends what sort of circles you hang around in. For a lot of the people I hang around with (and myself :p:), The Inbetweeners is far more accurate, but there ARE people for whom Skins is actually accurate for - something I realised the other night when talking to some relatives (who weren't actually trying to "big up" their lives, they were just telling me about things that had happened and I thought to myself how much like Skins it sounded like, which surprised me).
Zottula
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Inbetweeners.

Skins is an example of a small minority. For most of us, it's just an exaggeration of events we face in teen life. To say that modern teens' lives are like that would be to blow it completely out of proportion.
carlylwright
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The programmes were described by the producers as -

'Skins is how you want your teenage years to be, The Inbetweeners is how they actually are.'

I think that sums it up pretty well.
:rolleyes:
paella
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I though the moods captured in Skins were far more poignant and realistic, and the attitude of many characters was very true as well. I think what the characters actually do is only a very small part of it. Sid and Cassies relationship is possibly the truest I've seen on TV. I'm going to go with Skins.
Moe Lester
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Inbetweeners because life is **** like that
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (763)
90.4%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (81)
9.6%

Watched Threads