Turn on thread page Beta

Which is more realistic - Skins or Inbetweeners? watch

ReputationRep:
    Yes we are quite bad but i dont think we are wild enough to be called the Skins generation.

ReputationRep:
    Inbetweeners fo sho

i remember the first episode and my dad asked if that's what its like at school your school?
    yes to a large degree !

ReputationRep:
    Inbetweeners, also misfits as well

ReputationRep:
    The Inbetweeners by MILES! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    This is not realistic

(btw does anyone know this song?)
    It's called Soundcheck, by Gorillaz. Awesome song

I can relate to both shows. I think Skins is more OTT but it is there to entertain people after all. And some of the jokes on The Inbetweeners get a bit repetitive after a while!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Question)
    :no: Even the most hardcore party animals I know don't get up to even a tenth of what happens in skins.

I do mean like a twentieth (or less!) as much or as extreme! On a MUCH smaller scale.

Although your life does seem quite a lot like the inbetweeners!

ReputationRep:
    None. THey are both just terrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by <3 inbetweener =D)
    skins is just everyone constantly taking drugs and having sex
    yeah... so.. realism!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrChem)
    yeah... so.. realism!
    haahh that is truue, but its like the whole programme revolves around it, the first season was good, but now its just like theres nothing even in it apart from stupid storylines about everyone becoming druggies =( but i guess that is quite realistic then in some ways.

ReputationRep:
    the inbetweeners is basically my life.

ReputationRep:
    Both tbh because some people do act like the characters in Skins, and then Inbetweeners shows the funny parts of teenagers lifes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    "I'm jonny white, look at me, I don't actually fight, I just carry weapons about with me, I chug boiling hot water cause I'm well hard, instead of pouring it on people, I eat spicey food instead of raping girls, I'm well gangsta I am"

:facepalm2:
    hahahh ooh yes lets have a chilli eating contest to show how hardcore we all aare =|

ReputationRep:
    The Inbetweeners is the first show that I've seen that has managed to write the kind of stuff you say with your friends that you find hilarious into its scripts. I haven't seen enough of Skins, but some of the exchanges between the characters in The Inbetweeners is just amazing.

ReputationRep:
    I'd prefer to live the life of an Inbetweener than a Skinner. Skins is truly awful and has never been good, anyone that says it's unrealistic is an idiot because the producers and script writers never purported it to be a realistic portrayal of teenage life.

ReputationRep:
    Inbetweeners obviously.

Skins is badly written, poorly acted, overly contrived drivel at it's very worst.

ReputationRep:
    I've never seen the Inbetweeners but I've watched like little trailer snippets and they looked good
    I have watched Skins however and I think it really over exaggerates everything :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by <3 inbetweener =D)
    hahahh ooh yes lets have a chilli eating contest to show how hardcore we all aare =|

What must have gone through that actors head when he read the script.
    "well, gets the bread in, although, I think I might never get to act again, ah well, not that good at it anyway:awesome:"

ReputationRep:
    Inbetweeners because its light-heartedness and jokes represent the funniness of being a loser in sixth form which I can really relate to. Many American films etc focus on two extremes, the popular kids and the losers. The majority of people in schools are inbetweeners who fluctuate between the stereotypical extremes and the Inbetweeners does this brilliantly.

Skins is a representation of teenage life except the writers probably use more drugs than sixth-formers actually do! It isn't really a representation of a realistic British teenager's life but it's good programming and I see it only as an escape, not as characters I can relate to. Jack O'Connell (Cook) and the guy who is JJ are good actors and I think they'll go far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrookedLegs)
    I'd prefer to live the life of an Inbetweener than a Skinner. Skins is truly awful and has never been good, anyone that says it's unrealistic is an idiot because the producers and script writers never purported it to be a realistic portrayal of teenage life.
    It is unrealistic, but more than that, the script writing is bad, the character and plot developments are ******* awful, the acting is shoddy, and the characters in general, aren't sexy at all. It had one thing it could've done brilliantly there, and it ****** it up.
    References:
    Jonny white pot noodle
    Jonny white chillie off
    Jonny white van chase

"panda" in almost all of her scenes
    Browny making scene, especially in that episode where one of the twins and "nomes" I think she's refereed to, are outside.
    The party that followed.
    Falling into next doors house.
    African boy coming back AND panda having sex.
    Oh the aunt that grows mr...my...I can't spell, weed.

And last, but, not at all least, that revision I just put off for a few minutes to type this out, that was incredibly unrealistic and not sexy at all.

ReputationRep:
    Inbetweeners obv, but i don't think Skins is designed to be realistic, think it's more of a program based on what most teenagers want life to be.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.