Turn on thread page Beta

Which is more realistic - Skins or Inbetweeners? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex2207)
    I'm an inbetweener
    Don't be sad. I am too. I would rather be one than all the people in my sixth form who actually thought they were in Skins and aspired to have drug-fuelled sex heart attacks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tknight7)
    Is anyone else sick of the media calling us the "Skins generation"?
    Just shows how ignorant the British press are about our generation then!

ReputationRep:
    Do you even need to ask this question?

ReputationRep:
    the inbetweeners!!!

ReputationRep:
    they both are in different ways
    like skins shows teenagers partying taken drugs all sorts its kinda realistic
    and inbetweeners shows soical groups and pretty spot on ad say

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to think inbetweeners, but it depends. If I look towards my friends in my school sixth form, ironically they are more like the inbetweeners 'bunch'. Whereas, my friends who have finished school, at college or in work are more like the skins group. This is probably is purely a coincidence, I have friends that are very different from each other

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    What must have gone through that actors head when he read the script.
    "well, gets the bread in, although, I think I might never get to act again, ah well, not that good at it anyway:awesome:"
    hahaa its just the fact that the guy ate all the chillys and this was supposed to make everyone scared that made me lol :') eugh i knoow i think the acting gets worse each season. i actually thought season 1 was good but its all been bad from there on =(

Inbtweeners

Skins tends to be serious in parts then unrealistic the next minute

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antimatter)
    Skins for life in Glastonbury
    yeah same here, think its a west country thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gulli)
    yeah same here, think its a west country thing?
    You a Glastifarian too?

ReputationRep:
    My college was exactly like the one in Skins, the amount of times i watch an episode and say that that's happened to me is quite often.

I think Skins is a reflection of college life which is less strict and laid back, and the Inbetweeners is a good reflection of sixth form life where you haven't completely left school yet to the freedom of what you have in college but you're given some freedom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Petit chou)
    My college was exactly like the one in Skins, the amount of times i watch an episode and say that that's happened to me is quite often.

I think Skins is a reflection of college life which is less strict and laid back, and the Inbetweeners is a good reflection of sixth form life where you haven't completely left school yet to the freedom of what you have in college but you're given some freedom.
    Agree. But I prefer to watch skins..

ReputationRep:
    I think the Inbetweeners is a better representation of sixth form life, where the majority of people are 'in between' the popular crowd and the losers.

And Skins, probably a better representation of university life, in my experience. Back in sixth form I would never have gone to a 'skins' party, but at uni they're on every weekend, everyones houses are *********, no one bats an eyelid if someone's snorting stuff off the kitchen counter, pills are commonplace and people have sex all the time.

So yeah. I think the Skins kids should really be 18-21 to be a true representation. But even so, it's still quite far fetched. And Effy annoys me immensely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    This is not realistic

(btw does anyone know this song?)
    sounds very much like gorillaz but I don't know the actual track name, sorry x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrookedLegs)
    I'd prefer to live the life of an Inbetweener than a Skinner. Skins is truly awful and has never been good, anyone that says it's unrealistic is an idiot because the producers and script writers never purported it to be a realistic portrayal of teenage life.
    Yes, people do know that it isn't supposed to be. But as my friend say, there are a few deluded people that watch skins and actually believe that their life is like that in some way.

I don't mean Uni students, I have no idea about them, I'm on about 16-18 year olds.

ReputationRep:
    Inbetweeners is a lot more realistic than Skins in terms of an average 6th Form, which is what I like because its easier to relate to than Skins. Skins is just pure cringeworthy in my opinion, I don't know anyone in my 6th Form that lives like that...

EDIT: And yes I agree Skins is probably a better representation of the 18-21 year old bracket, but is still probably blown way out of proportion...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yekim_8)
    Inbetweeners I think, although some of their antics are far fetched :p:

Skins dresses up the highs of their life to look amazing and then it overeggs the lows giving usually one of the worst scenarios of what could potentially happen, still love it though.
    yeaa woooooooo getting into pubs aged 17 is just WILD

agree with you about skins though, no-one in the world would still be as smart as that tony guy while doing pills and all that other stuff 24/7 and still come out of school with 3 a's.

Last serious was okay but it sucked when they built up the badness of mckenzie crooks character and then made him seem like a right looser when he ***** himself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by az1992)
    yeaa woooooooo getting into pubs aged 17 is just WILD

agree with you about skins though, no-one in the world would still be as smart as that tony guy while doing pills and all that other stuff 24/7 and still come out of school with 3 a's.

Last serious was okay but it sucked when they built up the badness of mckenzie crooks character and then made him seem like a right looser when he ***** himself
    Hmmm I was reffering more to the wig in the trousers scene and the time where he set off a flair in the dingy, not wild as such but hardly realistic.

ReputationRep:
    Ibetweeners reminds me a lot of my friends in year 10. The first series of skins was a lot like year 11 and year 12 for me, but the later series were incredibly unrealistic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yekim_8)
    Hmmm I was reffering more to the wig in the trousers scene and the time where he set off a flair in the dingy, not wild as such but hardly realistic.
    haha yea but makes for good and funny viewing

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.