Turn on thread page Beta

Which is more realistic - Skins or Inbetweeners? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, but they both make me feel old as **** and I only finished A-levels 2 years ago.

I actually felt relieved when I looked The Inbetweeners up on Wikipedia and discovered that the actors were about 4 years older than me.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, definitely the inbetweeners.

Well, for my life, anyway :nerd:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by az1992)
    yeaa woooooooo getting into pubs aged 17 is just WILD

agree with you about skins though, no-one in the world would still be as smart as that tony guy while doing pills and all that other stuff 24/7 and still come out of school with 3 a's.

Last serious was okay but it sucked when they built up the badness of mckenzie crooks character and then made him seem like a right looser when he ***** himself
    I know a guy like that and he reminds me of Tony and rarely sleeps. He applied for medicine this year and I am certain he will get all "A" grade

ReputationRep:
    Both are completely unrealistic but if I had to choose I'd say Skins relates to my real life much more.

ReputationRep:
    Inbetweeners has more realistic moments than Skins but neither are that realistic.

ReputationRep:
    I havent seen the inbetweeners but Skins is not freaking realistic. It's actually RIDONKULOUS but I still watch it anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antimatter)
    You a Glastifarian too?
    nah, live in bruton though, and got a few friends around there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carlylwright)
    The programmes were described by the producers as -

'Skins is how you want your teenage years to be, The Inbetweeners is how they actually are.'

I think that sums it up pretty well.
    :rolleyes:
    I'd hate my teenage years to have been like skins. The latest series is so depressing! the inbetweeners has the opposite effect and reminds me of many of my friends or 'fwends!'

ReputationRep:
    yeh lol. guys are more likely to call their mate a nob every now and again instead of running away way with some hot mess to find his dad then push him off a boat and end with no conclusion!!!

effin effy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reisen)
    I'd hate my teenage years to have been like skins. The latest series is so depressing! the inbetweeners has the opposite effect and reminds me of many of my friends or 'fwends!'
    Remember the thumbs.

ReputationRep:
    (Y) Frwend (Y)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tknight7)
    Is anyone else sick of the media calling us the "Skins generation"?

Don't you think The Inbetweeners is a much more realistic portrayal of the "average" teenager?

Don't get me wrong, i've had my fair share of drugs etc and i'm sure quite a large majority of other people have too, but i think Skins takes it to an extreme
    To me it seemed pretty realistic, especially the parents, but then again, I'm a bit messed up. I've only got as far as seasons 1 and 2 though, I don't know if it gets crazier from then onwards.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.