Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I don't use it when I cannot afford to procrastinate for too long.

ReputationRep:
    There have been phases over the past few years when I'm on msn all the time every single day for a few months, then there are times when I really can't be bothered and find it boring for a few more months. At the moment I'm in that cba phase since no one's really talking to me on msn anymore, and I've started using facebook now.

ReputationRep:
    i personally use both.... i do go on msn to tlk to my friends i c everyday and talk about work n stuff ... n i also tlk on facebook ..... one of the main reasons i go on msn is that some of my friends dont have facebook x

ReputationRep:
    I use it every day. It's really the easiest form of communication, and I hate Facebook and all these social networking sites.

Also, you get some pretty good conversations. (see my profile for :rofl:)

ReputationRep:
    I don't use it as much anymore, I find it really awkward talking to people over MSN. I don't know why. Facebook and emailing is much better for me, I don't like the instant reply/convo type thing unless I know someone really well.

ReputationRep:
    I always use msn
    Although i always talk to the same few people.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't spoken on msn in a long time, but even when I do it's with one person who doesn't like using facebook - other than that, it's just a way of seeing if you've got emails.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't use MSN for ages. But then a few weeks ago someone pointed out to me that the reason why my Firefox was always so slow was because of FB chat :rolleyes:. So now I use MSN a lot more. Only really talk to about three people on it though :p:

ReputationRep:
    ucxtuyvokn

ReputationRep:
    I used to use it all the time to talk to my boyfriend, most evenings really. But since we both came to the same uni , I have no need anymore really.

ReputationRep:
    I think MSN a bit outdated now, probably is because you can do everything on facebook. I think you use it more when you're younger e.g. to talk to guys you 'fancy' but are too immature to actually talk to haha

ReputationRep:
    MSN is way better. Facebook chat is terrible.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure. The quality of FB chat is so tragic I might open up my msn in the first time in years. But the OP has a point, MSN has died out a little..I'd rather have everything in one place though.

ReputationRep:
    i have it, but appear offline, i use it to check my emails. and talk to my boyfriend. facebook chat is so basic and annoying :|

ReputationRep:
    I still use MSN most days but only to talk to my family/a couple of close friends, and usually they start talking to be on FB first at which point my computer throws a tantrum and I have to frantically type MSN MSN MSN.

If fb chat actually worked then I would probably use that.

ReputationRep:
    I hardly use it anymore, really only to talk to my dad (since he lives in the Emirates and Skype is banned there). Skype ftw.

ReputationRep:
    I tend to use Skype more these days, but only because 1. I can combine msn style chat with voice calls for free and 2. MSN tends to be more unreliable and just refuses to sign in sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    never

ReputationRep:
    Mine is. I only use it to talk to one or two people. Facebook chat is now where it's at.

ReputationRep:
    MSN has lost it. Facebook has won it.... simple as

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 30, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.