Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I don't use it when I cannot afford to procrastinate for too long.

ReputationRep:
    There have been phases over the past few years when I'm on msn all the time every single day for a few months, then there are times when I really can't be bothered and find it boring for a few more months. At the moment I'm in that cba phase since no one's really talking to me on msn anymore, and I've started using facebook now.

ReputationRep:
    i personally use both.... i do go on msn to tlk to my friends i c everyday and talk about work n stuff ... n i also tlk on facebook ..... one of the main reasons i go on msn is that some of my friends dont have facebook x

ReputationRep:
    I use it every day. It's really the easiest form of communication, and I hate Facebook and all these social networking sites.

Also, you get some pretty good conversations. (see my profile for :rofl:)

ReputationRep:
    I don't use it as much anymore, I find it really awkward talking to people over MSN. I don't know why. Facebook and emailing is much better for me, I don't like the instant reply/convo type thing unless I know someone really well.

ReputationRep:
    I always use msn
    Although i always talk to the same few people.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't spoken on msn in a long time, but even when I do it's with one person who doesn't like using facebook - other than that, it's just a way of seeing if you've got emails.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't use MSN for ages. But then a few weeks ago someone pointed out to me that the reason why my Firefox was always so slow was because of FB chat :rolleyes:. So now I use MSN a lot more. Only really talk to about three people on it though :p:

ReputationRep:
    ucxtuyvokn

ReputationRep:
    I used to use it all the time to talk to my boyfriend, most evenings really. But since we both came to the same uni , I have no need anymore really.

ReputationRep:
    I think MSN a bit outdated now, probably is because you can do everything on facebook. I think you use it more when you're younger e.g. to talk to guys you 'fancy' but are too immature to actually talk to haha

ReputationRep:
    MSN is way better. Facebook chat is terrible.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure. The quality of FB chat is so tragic I might open up my msn in the first time in years. But the OP has a point, MSN has died out a little..I'd rather have everything in one place though.

ReputationRep:
    i have it, but appear offline, i use it to check my emails. and talk to my boyfriend. facebook chat is so basic and annoying :|

ReputationRep:
    I still use MSN most days but only to talk to my family/a couple of close friends, and usually they start talking to be on FB first at which point my computer throws a tantrum and I have to frantically type MSN MSN MSN.

If fb chat actually worked then I would probably use that.

ReputationRep:
    I hardly use it anymore, really only to talk to my dad (since he lives in the Emirates and Skype is banned there). Skype ftw.

ReputationRep:
    I tend to use Skype more these days, but only because 1. I can combine msn style chat with voice calls for free and 2. MSN tends to be more unreliable and just refuses to sign in sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    never

ReputationRep:
    Mine is. I only use it to talk to one or two people. Facebook chat is now where it's at.

ReputationRep:
    MSN has lost it. Facebook has won it.... simple as

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.