Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Well I use it all the time because... well Fb chat annoys the hell out of me ;p

And I mean for me seems to do everything for me, I can send ma files, share picture's web chat and all that stuff... And now everyone gonna shout you can do it alot efficiantly using this! Linky.... But anyway I like it all in one place and chatting on it is good when youve got friends far away and you hate FB chat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanNature1992)
    I still use it..i refuse to get a facebook for as long as I can!
    :five:

ReputationRep:
    No, I still use MSN - it's much better than Facebook's chat.

ReputationRep:
    I still use msn too, I hate fb chat with a passion.. although Facebook itself is fine.

ReputationRep:
    It's my lifeline with the UK, so I am pretty much on it constantly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    I only really use it to talk to my bf now, and the odd other people who are online. Otherwise I use FB more now.
    :ditto:

FB chat infuriates me but it's easier to contact people than having to get lots of people's msn addresses. Also, I have MSN discovery so I use FB chat through MSN which is far better

However when i'm at uni I can see MSN/Skype being used to contact my family as they'll want to see my face and check i'm still healthy/haven't shaved my head or anything reckless :p:

ReputationRep:
    I use msn with fb chat integrated, I get the best of both worlds Plus the Holly Valance flirting game is definitely worth keeping msn for...

ReputationRep:
    It's been over a year since I got my new laptop and I've still not installed MSN! I used to be on it 24/7 but now it's all about facebook, besides none of my friends seem to bother coming on it anyway. I miss MSN though, things were more personal and not so open!

ReputationRep:
    I hardly use it anymore, all my best friends stopped logging in so I stopped as well. I only have about 10 contacts online, it used to be 30-40. I miss those days, facebook chat is crap

ReputationRep:
    I still use it all the time - it's pretty good as an instant messaging program; compared to the ***** facebook chat comes up with. Seriously why would you even try using that, it has so many unfixed bugs and is extremely laggy.

ReputationRep:
    MSN ftw :king1:

Facebook chat is **** and causes all kinds of stupid disagreements

ReputationRep:
    I use it still so do my friends. Most of my friends hate facebook chat.

ReputationRep:
    I use MSN for chatting because my Facebook chat has been ****** up since as long as I can remember :mad2:
    Does anyone know how to fix this? Everytime I click on someone to talk to or I reply to someone who starts a conversation with me they go 'invisible' and I can't send messages :confused: It's really racking me off! Lol 'racking' :laugh: Too much Neighbours there methinks :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, in fact, I uninstalled my msn today.

ReputationRep:
    Havn't used MSN in quite a while, a year ago I still used to keep it signed on and running in the background and now I just go to check my emails. It took up way too much time anyway, facebook is more convenient, just a send a message/write on wall and go off on your way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    I only really use it to talk to my bf now, and the odd other people who are online. Otherwise I use FB more now.

I have to use MSN for my bf though coz he doesn't have FB and will not get it.
    I use MSN for the same reason :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Naw.

ReputationRep:
    MSN is far more sociable than facebook.
    On facebook you write on a wall, they reply, you reply, they reply, conversation over.
    Facebook chat hardly ever works.
    I use msn to catch up with alot of different people around the country, but generally prefer to actually go and see people instead of spending hours talking to them over the internet.

ReputationRep:
    I only use msn to talk to my daddy/grandma, and sending files, so it's pretty much on its deathbed imo. I suppose I might use it more if my webcam still worked or my boyfriend had it, but my facebook chat is fairly reliable nowadays

ReputationRep:
    meh all forms of online talking are crap.

msn/bebo/facebook w/e

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 30, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.