Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    MSN is something I have open, idly, in the background whilst I do other things. Whenever I turn my computer on, I'm on MSN - I don't have to be staring at the screen until someone talks to me. It just lets people contact me whilst I'm playing a game or doing work, and vice versa. Facebook chat is just god damn awful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmiPark)
    Yeh, I don't get it. People are becoming more and more unsociable on the internet. They go on facebook instead of msn, so they don't have to actually bother talking but still get noticed. Meh....
    That is so true.

ReputationRep:
    I used it all the time. So it isn't dead. Facebook chat slows the browser down whenever I receive messages, and it's so annoying when it freezes and I have to correct the message because a letter has been missed out. With MSN is doesn't happen. I often have multiconvos in MSN as well, so yeah, it is pretty alive I'd say.

ReputationRep:
    Since finishing school I've noticed a decline in the appearance of some people on MSN and the length of time they stay on. However most of those people still pop in regularly enough so I'd say it's a combination of the rise in social networking and peoples lives getting more busy once they finish school and go to uni/work.

Besides that it's a completely different method of communicating and from what I've seen/heard of Facebook chat that still has a long way to go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trm90)
    I mean, I used to talk to at least three/four friends a day on MSN, and these days, it seems like no one can really be bothered to use it. Does anyone here actually still use it? I reckon facebook is the reason why everyone cba anymore.

(I don't really know why I care )
    I have a couple of friends who don't live here, that I talk to a few times a week on MSN. And sometimes I even chat to uni friends on there as Facebook chat sucks! So I wouldn't say it's dead, but sites like that have definitely contributed to people not really bothering...

p.s. just noticed you're from Leicester Uni too!

ReputationRep:
    I find facebook chat is unreliable - thats when I use msn.

ReputationRep:
    Ventrilo *****es.

ReputationRep:
    i know what OP means , i havent logged into MSN in like a year now , its all about the facebook side of things dese days i guess but its crazy till dat dies out aswell !
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by mathew551)
    I used it all the time. So it isn't dead. Facebook chat slows the browser down whenever I receive messages, and it's so annoying when it freezes and I have to correct the message because a letter has been missed out. With MSN is doesn't happen. I often have multiconvos in MSN as well, so yeah, it is pretty alive I'd say.
    This is because people are sick of the drooling perverts on the net nower days and these "friends" that add you in attempt for camera pleasure...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.