Turn on thread page Beta

Why do girls buy blusher? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelephant)
    Because if they used their lipstick they'd look like this ?
    Lmao.

ReputationRep:
    Creamy, oil-based textures like lipstick don't work well on all skins - for instance, I have oily skin and lipstick would just slide off in a few hours. I get better length of wear from a powder blush.

Lipstick also isn't in the most ideal format for applying to cheeks. For a cream-based product, although you can apply with your fingers, you will generally get a better, more even application by applying with a brush. This is how I normally apply cream blushes to my cheeks when I do wear them. However, swiping a brush against a lipstick isn't exactly ideal... Not to mention, I shudder at the thought of ruining my Chanel Rouge Allures!

You can get dual products however that are designed to work on both cheeks and lips, such as Stila Convertible Colour and Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge. The formulas are more lightweight and have a better lasting power on the cheeks than regular lipstick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Watch Out For Sharks)
    Because that would look stupid.
    MOST girls want blusher that looks quite natural, lipstick wouldnt.
    I say most, because some girls go wayyy OTT with the blusher and bronzer and look like clowns.
    No it wouldnt look stupid if you apply a bit then rub it in to make it look like blusher.

ReputationRep:
    Because if they used their lipstick they'd look like this ?
    Don't be so naive you only apply a touch and rub it in for gods sake

ReputationRep:
    I think that's called a joke....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riddy)
    eh? why do you care so much?

you're not planning on rouging your cheeks yourself, are you?

ReputationRep:
    Lipstick isn't the right colour/texture, etc.
    Try it; you'll see the difference.
    I prefer compressed powder ones but some prefer the liquidy substance (I can't remember what it's called for the life of me at the moment haha). I find them too sticky though and feel as though I can feel them. I tend to only go for eye make up though because foundation and the likes feels too...closed on my skin if that makes sense lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riddy)
    And you've tried this yourself? You are obviously an expert on the matter. Lipstick was designed to be worn on the lips. Hence the name "Lipstick", not "Cheekstick" or "where-ever-the-hell-you-want-to-put-it-stick." They tend to come in bright colours that would make you look like you've just left your day job at the circus if you put it on your face, and they are often very oily and shiney to give your lips a "kiss me" look. Nobody wants a shiney face.

ReputationRep:
    Because I prefer a powder. MAC Pinch O Peach :suith:

ReputationRep:
    Boys are hilarious.

Seriously though, blusher is so easy to blend and look natural.. lipstick would look and feel horrible. Plus I don't even wear lipstick so it'd be a pretty pointless buy :p: I only wear blusher if I'm going to a party/for a meal or somthing though.

ReputationRep:
    And you've tried this yourself? You are obviously an expert on the matter. Lipstick was designed to be worn on the lips. Hence the name "Lipstick", not "Cheekstick" or "where-ever-the-hell-you-want-to-put-it-stick." They tend to come in bright colours that would make you look like you've just left your day job at the circus if you put it on your face, and they are often very oily and shiney to give your lips a "kiss me" look. Nobody wants a shiney face.

I want some of this where-ever-the-hell-you-want-to-put-it-stick
    Screw using the right makeup for the right thing, lets go crazy

ReputationRep:
    Lipstick as blusher can be alright in a pinch, I use Eyeko's fat balm on my lips and cheeks occasionally, usually when I'm travelling and want to reduce my make-up kit (however I still need 2-3 eyeshadow palettes ) Generally though I prefer my powdered mineral blush with a bit of highlighter on top because I like how it looks better

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.