Turn on thread page Beta

hi..anybody r welcome to help me n need ur opinions asap...i'm really2 stuck doing this topic>>

"words are more treacherous and powerful than we think" evaluate the extent to which sartre claims for words affect - negatively or positively - different areas of knowledge

hopefully there's somebody out there could help me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aqilah_nms)
    hi..anybody r welcome to help me n need ur opinions asap...i'm really2 stuck doing this topic>>

"words are more treacherous and powerful than we think" evaluate the extent to which sartre claims for words affect - negatively or positively - different areas of knowledge

hey are you an IB victim as well? I am doing no. 6 unfortunately... were you made to do this topic? I am an IB student as well I can't help much, but perhaps you can mention about different ways of knowing on words... maybe you can focus on language, its ambiguity etc.

as for different areas of knowledge, you can mention how ambiguity of language will make each area of knowledge confusing, eg science...

sorry I cannot give much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aqilah_nms)

Hi!

I am also an IB student, and I've chosen the same topic, as you. I was just trying to find some information on the internet, when, I noticed yor page.
    First of all, I can tell you the Area of Knowledge: is religion, natural sciences, social sciences, logic, politics, math and ethnitics. I can also give you some webpage addresses which might be useful for you:
    www.aniota.com/~jwhite/words.html
    www.wsu.edu:8080/~taflinge/words.html
    www.percepp.demon.co.uk/power.htm
    http://www.selfhelpmagazine.com/arti.../wordpowr.html
    www.ifla.org/faife/litter/subject/word.htm

If you find my reply and can use the information from these web pages, write back here, and I may give you more.

It's also useful for other students who have chosen the same topic.

Good luck!

Noemi

ReputationRep:
    Hey Noemi,
    I was searching for sources on the internet when I found this forum.
    Thanks a lot for the very useful links you posted. I think now i can finish my essay soon.

Ak_Rhomin. :cool:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 26, 2004
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.